Zits, So annoying!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Omelmad, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Any one else find the occasional outbreak of zits annoying?

I have a pretty good routine for post shave and also just in the mornings when I wash my face. But sometimes I get an outbreak. I don't get insecure or anything and I know it's biology., weather change and other factors, but I'm sick it it haha!

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Here's what I do.

The daily usual shave routine. Face-wash, shave and then moisturize. If I see something that could turn into a zit, or I just feel a tender spot, I rub it with my alum block.

Before bed, I wash my face and then, and I think this is important too, I moisturize.

I think it's all about not stressing the skin. If you for instance wash and don't moisturize, the skin's like "woah, let's produce some ourselves". Then you wash again sometime and the skin is again "woah, it was not enough the last time, let's increase production" and then you have it, the zits occur. But if you moisturize, the skin don't get to overproduce because you control it with your own moisturization.

Just my theory. It works for me. The past few weeks where I have not routinely followed my scheme, I've had a zit or two various places.

GDCarrington and macaronus like this.
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm lucky to seldom have zits, but I can understand they are annoying. Martin's technique sounds interestingg. You might give it a try! :)

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Alum serves as an antibacterial so your treatment has merit.

5. Omelmad

I do that sometimes, but I'm gonna make it a part of the routine. Hey if it helps, why not?

The ones I have on my forehead I just need to wait out haha but under my eyes/on the side on my nose I have more like red spots so I'm gonna apply alum today.

6. tuxxdk

Alum definitely helps on my face. I also use it on areas where I don't shave if I see/feel something's afoot.

7. Omelmad

I have actually started doing that after you mentioned it once. When I shave I apply alum all over my face, not just the shaved areas

tuxxdk likes this.
  8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

salicylic acid 2% face wash such as THIS

9. Omelmad

I have a facetoner with salicylic acid actually. I need to use is more often

tuxxdk likes this.
  10. Omelmad

Does it Work with styptic pencil?

11. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Alum seems to have reacted negatively with my skin and actually caused a few zits/ingrowns.

12. Omelmad

That's a shame, it's a nice addition to the post shave. But there is always other astringents

13. tuxxdk

I sometimes use one when I have shaved a head off, but I don't know if it'll do the same as an alum. It just stings so good, I love to punish a zit.. lol :)

14. Omelmad

Hahaha I'll do it with the alum block then =) I was just thinking of the precision =P

15. baldeez88

baldeez88 Member

I find that any all natural soap works well at cleaning up an outbreak of zits. The key is to keep chemicals off your face and keep it as natural as possible.

16. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I am in the process of trying out Tea Tree Oil. What I started doing, last night actually, is after I take a shower, obviously I wash my face in the shower, is let my face dry and then dab some tea tree oil on a cotton round and apply it to me trouble areas. Honestly, after the first time using it it made a noticeable difference. This stuff is not cheap, $11 an Oz here , at least in my neck o' the woods. Give it a shot, you might like it. It has a rather medicinal smell, but I find it calming.

CyanideMetal likes this.