1 kg Cella? Go for it!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by mikewood, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

So I am not the only one!

Something in Cella does not agree with me either.

I still have over 500gr of Klar Kabinett left ... good soap, but there are so many good soaps :)

PanChango likes this.
  2. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Cella hates my skin :( while Arko stick & Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin still loves me :p

RaZorBurn123 and Eeyore like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

And I thank you for your generous PIF of KK!! Which forced me to buy a brick.

PanChango likes this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Cheers. I am glad you enjoyed the KK. The Soap Commander Love offering has a very nice scent is pretty spot with KK if you run out of it at some point.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks! I'll check it out. Or buy now. :)

6. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Sorry to be dragging up an old thread. But, I love, love, love my 1kg of Cella. I've actually gone through about 2 1/2 kilos so far of the stuff. I'm contemplating getting another one as well. I only shave every other day or sometimes every two days. But, I use Cella and a brush every morning to get a good face cleaning scrub in before my shower. Leaves my face soft and smooth the rest of the day.

Although, Stirling Soaps have certainly taken over for my No. 1 tallow soap. :)

DaltonGang and PickledNorthern like this.
  7. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread either, but, I love love love Cella and could easily go through a kil myself. That being said, and always on the hunt for classic Italian croaps, I do wanna try the Vitos as well and it comes in a 1kg block. How would I arrange for a group buy on that?

Legend In My Spare Time and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good on you, Sir! Reviving an old thread is quite acceptable. Especially considering your history with the particular product.
    I received a generous sample of Cella from John @John Ruschmeyer and have enjoyed it, but it's been a while. Time to shuffle my soaps!

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Best way to be certain it happens is to take the lead. Start a thread, set the price, open your list of how much you wish to share.
    make it so.jpg

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I don't think I could do the hundreds upon hundreds, into the thousands of marzipan scented shaves it would take to get through three bricks of Cella. You sir, must really like cherry/almond.

I did shave with Conk's lime for years with no change, so it isn't a variety thing for me, it would just have to depend on the scent.

Legend In My Spare Time and RyX like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

at my rate i could leave it to my great grand children....

RyX and Legend In My Spare Time like this.
  12. Legend In My Spare Time

Dude, no joke. I'm a complete Almond/Cherry/Vanilla scented fiend. I'm absolutely in love with those scents. There's something so relaxing and soothing about it, that it just brightens up the rest of my day. Also, my face can't handle many fragrance/essential oils - but my skin seems fine with almond oil/fragrances though. So, I don't mind using the same scent or soap day after day. I have my Cella use completely dialed in to a perfect lather.

Cella is my desert island soap for sure. If I knew they were discontinuing it (God forbid! :sad024:), I would stock up on it as much as my wife would allow. I would have a closet dedicated to that kilo beast, lol.

Now...if Stirling were to sell their Almond Creme by the kilo, I might have to buy out their entire stock. :drool:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    RyX and PickledNorthern like this.
  13. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

Maybe if you shaved a goat.

14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You keep it in a deep freezer. Airtightness helps, but if you want to store a big chunk of soap like that indefinitely, freezing it is the way to go.

15. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I was just reading an article on these 1kg blocks of Cella and other soaps. Oxygen is the biggest enemy of tallow based soaps - Cella being one. As stated above - I'm sure you could keep a block for a very long time if properly sealed and in the freezer. But - as much as I like Cella - there is just no way I could reasonably use that much. I enjoy my other soaps too. Plus my freezer of full of other stuff - like food.

Eeyore, PickledNorthern and RyX like this.
  16. Legend In My Spare Time

Well, I bit the bullet and went ahead and purchased my third kilo brick of Cella. This seems to be one of the only soaps that doesn't hate my face or set it on fire. I guess I'm lucky because it is a top notch performing soap that should be in everyone's den.

DE Cartman and DaltonGang like this.
  17. Legend In My Spare Time

I just had my first shave with Cella from the kilo in a few weeks. As always, a wonderfully slick and protective shave with an amazing post shave feel. This soap is a lathering beast and once you get the water amount zeroed in - it transcends most higher end and more expensive soaps. The kilo brick is easily one of the best shave soap deals on the market.

18. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

How do you store it ? My family has a vacuum sealer for food. I've thought about buying the brick of Cella , portioning it out, and then sealing the portions up in vacuum tight bags. I love the cream and want to try the soap.

19. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Vacuum sealing would be a good idea (oxygen is the enemy) but also I would go ahead and freeze the smaller packages until you need to pull one out for use. You are dealing with an animal product and it will spoil eventually otherwise. I use Cella often but since I use many other soaps as well - a kilo is over kill for me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    BigMark83 likes this.
  20. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

But the tallow has been saponified so it is no longer fat. I would still be cautious however. I've got another soap coming in the mail, so I'll have six. Which isn't much to some guys, but I'll get to two or three before I buy more. I only shave every other day on average. So it's like I have ten soaps, with two on the way.