$10000 theft of high end razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Aimless1, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Aimless1

Aimless1 Active Member

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Unfortunately, I see a better chance of success in apprehending the suspect than retrieving the vaguely-described merchandise.

Best comment posted after the article:
    "Police think she may have gotten away with more than $10,000 in merchandise"...So what is that, 20 Gillette razors?

3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Cartridge razors are high end?

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

How long does it take to steal $10,000 in razors and cosmetics? Exactly how much product is that? It kind of sounds like somebody maybe inflating some numbers :confused:. What does it matter if they catch her anyway, nothing is going to be done about it but a slap on the hand. :(

5. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

There was a similar story in my area just recently - it was about a couple breaking into beauty supply stores across the region in order to 'restock' the store they owned.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Back in the 50's I was working for my father at his gas station and 3 bay repair shop. We had a neighbor who rented a stall from my father to store his barber supply truck inside at night. He traveled all over Indianapolis, Marion, Kokomo and Fort Wayne selling to barbers and was known to have over two hundred straight razors in stock. Someone broke into the gas station after I left one night and cleaned out his truck not taking one item form my dad. Never gave it much thought until I started collection straight razors but some of those would be gold today. I hate a theif

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

This goes on in every city. People shoplift things people use/want and sell them or trade them. Sometimes extra cash, sometimes for drugs. Anyone who's worked in a convenience store can tell you exactly why there are no refunds given on batteries. ;)

8. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

These items are easily pedaled on Craigslist and when Fusion Cartridges are selling for $5 each at Walmart but only $15 for 8 on Craigslist you have to wonder where they are coming from.

Star and Aimless1 like this.
  9. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I live in the area this is occurring and this story is getting a lot of play on TV and radio...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sometimes, heists like this one filter through a couple different hands before ending up at flea markets: a largely overlooked, cash-only market for "goods of elevated temperature," so to speak.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

But she might steal your heart, too. :rofl:

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  12. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Not any more ;)

13. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity New Member

Seen this on TV. A lot of it is organized shoplifting of easy to grab, easy to resell items. The 'fences" have a network of shoplifters like that woman who supply them with makeup and toiletries. That's why cartridge packs are in one-at-a-time dispenser or have audible alarms when the lid is opened. The show I saw showed basically a warehouse of shoplifted goods. A lot of this stuff ends up at flea markets

14. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

WOW really....some of you need to grow up I am having a hard time believing that some of you are that immature shame on you for your statements.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Gents, I think it best we keep our commentary centered on the theft of supposedly $1k of materials and less upon the aspects of the suspect's appearance.
    Please abide by our forum rules.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  16. Star

Star Active Member

Is this still TSD? Please moderate yourselves...it makes this place so much more enjoyable for everyone when you do.

45auto likes this.
  17. Aimless1

Aimless1 Active Member

Surprising turn in the discussion. If they think high end razors are Fusion cartridges then they would think most of us are nuts for what we spend on shaving. That being said, a thief is a thief and a criminal a criminal. I did find it surprising that the items taken would total 10K in value and would be worth taking in the first place.

18. Maybe she is Robin Hoodette on a mission to Portland to convert some to shaving for Movember.