1907 Gem Junior Bar SE set

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Feb 12, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Been wanting one of these for a while. Scored today. Only thing missing in the set is the stropper handle and the stropper blade holder. Those pieces do pop up for sale from time to time.. more than this razor does anyway.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That is a BEAUTY! I got one for Christmas, but it just had just razor and 4 blades in the box. The razor works great though and I am very happy with it. If you plan on using yours...Enjoy!

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Those are very nice. I've got one that came without the box or any other fixin's. When I shave with it, I put the wooden handle aside and use a metal handle from a newer razor. They're great shavers, surprisingly user friendly.

That's a beautiful set you've got there. Enjoy it!

4. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Get out of town! Wow, that is killer. I have one similar but yours is great. Pieces from this era remind me of the Griffons etc. with the lather catchers, the scroll work etc.
    Just a little jewel you have there.

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Very nice!

6. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I've got the same set and it is probably my favorite razor among my many SE razors. It is surprising that the razor offers great balance with that little yet light weight wooden handle. But it does and the resulting shaves are fabulous.

7. IAmTheJody

Does your have the the stropper handle and the stropper blade holder? If so, mind posting some pics of those 2 pieces so I can see them clearly, what they look like for when I'm hunting them to complete my set?

8. Drews50

Drews50 New Member

That's a great set, congrats. Are you going to use it? I hope so.

9. IAmTheJody

Welcome to TSD!

:shocked003

No, I'm going to let this one rest in the display cabinet. It's in minty shape and at 104 years old, I don't want any water or soap chemicals anywhere near the wooden handle.

10. Drews50

Drews50 New Member

I know the feeling. I have several mint razors I wouldn't dare use. Congrats on this beauty.

11. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

That's the reason I put a metal handle on mine to shave with it. One from an Ever-Ready 1914 fits. Mine is less minty than yours, though. They are great shavers. I hope you have another one in less collectorish condition that you can shave with.
    :D

12. Shavemark

Shavemark New Member

I have the same set in minty condition except sans the wood handle. I wood like to find one with the wooden handle too, that way I'd have both.;) For me this razor is shaving nirvana and the most beautiful razor that I have ever seen.

Attached Files:

13. IAmTheJody

Very nice set.

That's what my set is missing... the 2 stropper pieces. The picture in Waits' shows the wood handle set came with them too... so that's how I know my set is missing them. I'm on the hunt for 'em...

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I don't know about Nirvana as I have never had the pleasure, but I take your word for it..
    And I agree....That is surely a masterpiece....and wood or metal I know I could never resist her charms and would have to shave...No resistance...:)

15. Shavemark

Shavemark New Member

When you get one...you're gonna love the shave!!!!;)