1910 Canadian Gillette ABC Pocket Edition with rare handle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Feb 19, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I posted a brief "look what I got" in The Haul thread about this a few days ago. It arrived in the mail today. Took more pictures to share. The bottom 3 pictures are after I cleaned up and polished the case and cleaned up and polished the head pieces, handle and blade box. The handle is the rare moon-ball end and the handle is smooth all over, no knurling... only seen in these Canadian Pocket Edition sets.

Before:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yet another sweet find dude!

3. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Those crazy Canuks and their moon-balls...
    Nice find Jody
    Is that classified as a ABC Gillette?

Looks like its a new month for you

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

It's ABC as it has the patch in the lid that doesn't say Made In USA on it, which all ABC sets had whether they sold in the USA or were exported to other countries. This set was made by ABC in the USA and exported for sale in Canada only. Yeah, you tell ABC sets by the patch in the lid. If the patch has Made in USA on it, it was made by Gillette. If the patch just says Known The World Over, it was made by ABC.

An no, I'm done for the month. I bought this set back on the 12th and it was my last purchase of the month. It just took 6 days to get to me from Canada, via airmail... which gives me another opportunity to bash the Canadian mail system.. lol! It's not like Canada is on the other side of the world. I get airmail from the UK in 4 days, Australia in 5 days. Canada airmail? 6 days and they are on the same continent. And don't even get me started on the postage costs... ha!