1st shave with voskhod.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Aug 26, 2016.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

You should head over to the 30 Day Rule/Focus thread. You'll not only get work in on specifics, but your technique in general will get better.

MR41 likes this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I looked at the 30 day focus thread. I'm not sure what I can gain. Is there instruction? I've shaved with one razor, blade, soap, brush for months at a time over the last few years( mostly due to budget:)). It's how learned feel and technique. Is it about mastering a new setup each month?

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

The one razor, one blade, one soap etc... rule is mostly for beginners learning the basics of wet shaving, or more seasoned people who encounter a more specific problem they want to cure.

The focus aspect of the thread is simply those of us who are working to either improve a specific skill set, or to learn more about a product, or range of products.

In your case, it sounds like you have been doing this long enough you don't need a strict rule. But you could be focusing on anything. Would you like to learn which blades work best in which razors? Would you like to figure out if a shallower angle gets you more shaves in a blade? Does shaving with cold water give you more comfortable post shave feel? If you eat a banana before you shave, are you hungry for corn flakes afterwards? Whatever you can possibly dream up to learn more about, there are no rules. Some focuses take months, (I am two months into shavette shaving) some take a week. (You have a new soap you can't quite get dialed in, and you are going to use it until you have it tuned.). There is also a fair amount of goofing off in general.

jtspartan and RetLEO-07 like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

I'm doing a Focus this month to audition blades for a Parker 99r I have. This week it's Feather. Next week GSB. Then I've got 7 o'clock Green and Voskhod.

5. RetLEO-07

:happy088: