30 DC First Annual Mayhem Awards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BaylorGator, May 2, 2017.

1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

The Academy has decided to go with "third hand accounts" to judge this one.

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

No its okay Jim. :happy102:

3. BaylorGator

A New Wrinkle - Swapapalooza has begun at the Academy:
    Since the Academy just added a BUNCH of potential prizes to choose from (and may add more), but will not be adding large numbers of nominations to match the number of prizes, a swapapalooza element has been added to the awards prize cache. Here's the idea: Some of you may have some razors, soaps, etc. that are really great stuff, but aren't up your alley, and you've been on the fence about what to do with them. If you want, shoot me a PM and ask about trading out for one or more items in the prize box of similar value. (For example, you may have a nice B&M soap you bought and didn't love and want to trade out for a couple less expensive soaps, samples, or other prizes you might like better). If we are lucky, it may result in both your collection, my collection, and/or the prize box getting better. NOTE: Don't be offended if I say no, as I don't want to diminish the value or variety of the types of prizes offered. I've already has my first inbound PM on this (some may be Academy "surprises" later on), so feel free to let the bartering frenzy sweep you down the river like one of @Douglas Carey 's soap cookies!

(This should be obvious, but ONLY awards the Academy's list of prizes are eligible for barter, not those generously offered up by individual 30 DC members).

4. BaylorGator

Sorry the multiple edits and re-post on the last one. Long story. The above version of the post is shorter, sweeter and clearer about "Swapapalooza" at the Academy.

SharptoothC and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

There have been similar projects of this type. Like The Soap Pass-around, but containing all sorts of shave gear. Tragedy & treachery befell the last two as I recall. The entire box was received by a nefarious individual who simply dropped out of sight. While the majority of Gentlemen & Ladies here at TSD would never even think about doing such a heinous act against their Interweb friends, it took two such hijacks to discourage the organizer from starting it up again.

To avoid issues, do please keep the trading in PM's.
    Carry on!

6. BaylorGator

That's the plan. The Academy's vault (i.e. my bathroom closet) is secure, my friend. No worries.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thank you !!:cool:

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

OK, just making sure I wasnt breaking precedent. :)

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. I just had my daughter pick one.

[​IMG]

10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My least peaceful entry[​IMG]

11. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I think this is my favorite this month:

IMG_0208.JPG

MR41, Keithmax, SharptoothC and 5 others like this.
  12. BaylorGator

As you well know, the Director of the Academy has two daughters. Are you trying to sway the panel with this sentimental move? It may be working... Congrats @clint64

I almost nominated it myself. You are on the board @mrchick!

Agreed. This is what prompted the nomination. You are on the board in both photo categories @Norcalnewb!

SharptoothC, RyX, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  13. mrchick

Thank you I have three daughters, by the way

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Congratulations. I'll bet they keep you busy. :happy088:

15. mrchick

They are all out of the house, so not as busy as they used to keep me. My first grandchild is coming in July so I just might get a little busier

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

That's great news Brian. :happy088: Although my daughter has been married and has a family she is still my little girl.

SharptoothC, wristwatchb, RyX and 3 others like this.
  17. mrchick

They always will be

SharptoothC, wristwatchb, RyX and 2 others like this.
  18. BaylorGator

Congrats to @RyX for the nomination in "Best Shave with the Item Least Suitable for Shaving Category. Once @mrchick names and uses his wire hanger shave contraption, the Academy will likely be announcing multipe nominations in multiple categories.

19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Brian, you have a beautiful family!

20. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I thought the wire hanger contraption belonged to @wchnu, not @mrchick. Credit where credit is due.