A hundred new creams gone in one shot!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, May 26, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good Man!!!!!

What is your favorite rose scent soap or cream?

Spyder, crackstar and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've been wetshaving since I was eighteen or so. I'm 36 now, and I don't think I've gone through 100 creams in that time period. I don't think I've used half that amount.

It wouldn't surprise me if I had fifty or so soaps and creams up in the attic though. They seem to breed.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Soap-wise, I'd say Klar Kabinett and cream-wise, the Rose of Bulgaria which to me doesn't even have a rosy scent. I use it more for the lather and skincare!

Spyder likes this.
  4. crackstar

Three more Erasmic creams gone, a couple of Vicco Turmeric creams are gone, and a vintage Gillette Regular cream is gone. (I'm keeping the Gillette Menthols for myself)

Ryan B, wristwatchb, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Jeff, you're a generous man!
    :happy088:

crackstar likes this.
  6. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Amazing way to share the wealth. I think spreading it among employees is a great gesture. It lets them know you appreciate their work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

crackstar likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Speaking of rose scents, I wonder if Jeff has something that smells like old church ladies... you know... synthetic rose, dusting powder, and moth balls. :rofl:

PickledNorthern, wchnu and crackstar like this.
  8. crackstar

Oh hell, nothing like that!

richgem likes this.
  9. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

If it's the older formula Erasmic, someone's in for a treat. That was one of the first creams I bought when I started in traditional shaving, and I wish I would have bought more. The newer stuff just ain't the same...

crackstar likes this.
  10. crackstar

Actually it's the newest formulation which I never tried. I want the Erasmic bowls because I still enjoy them.

dustmite likes this.
  11. richgem

The newest Erasmic (cream/soap/stick) is back to the old formula. The old-new (ie: bad formula) also comes in a different colored package, iirc.

crackstar and dustmite like this.
  12. dustmite

Good to know! It's been a few years since I tried it, might just give it another shot!

crackstar likes this.
  13. richgem

Just be sure to get the new stuff that looks like (packaged like) the old stuff and you should be set.

crackstar and dustmite like this.
  14. dustmite

Connaught has the tubes that looks like my original, might just have to pull the trigger.

crackstar likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ya got any Colgate's? Rapid Shaves? Burma Shaves?

crackstar likes this.
  16. crackstar

Never touch the stuff - it's forbidden to enter my house.

17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Outstanding Jeff!

crackstar likes this.
  18. crackstar

Just sold off three Muehle soaps that I never opened. Very cheaply, but at least I'm rid of them - thank goodness.

Two Pakistani creams went in the trash because I noticed they had become hard as a rock so they're totally worthless. My fault because I bought them seven years ago or so. No great loss, because I paid next to nothing for them but even so I'd never insult anybody here or in any other group with such terrible quality stuff, particularly when they're long past the expiration date. I also gave away a Wilkinson bowl to the janitor who works in the office building I own, and a new Razorock Three X soap to his brother.

wristwatchb, dustmite and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. NISITO

NISITO New Member

i love to take some new creams here in Mexico its almost imposible to find any shaving stuff, i f you choose me i will pay for shipping thxs

crackstar likes this.
  20. crackstar

PM sent