A new safety razor on Kickstarter: The Shavernator

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Mar 8, 2015.

1. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Amen brother!

SDK and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Nice idea but I'll stay with my traditional DE. It is a bit big for my kinda shaving.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Might as well be shaving with a brick in your hand. looks rough geez lol

Tallships and GDCarrington like this.
  4. Tallships

+1

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Desi

Desi New Member

It looks like a vegetable peeler.

From what I see this person has just invented the Bic disposable.

Pass.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Interesting...ugly looking. Don't think I would buy it but would try it once because...well...that's just how I am...maybe a pass around? :cool:

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

It is really interesting to me, that it appears every stitch of knowledge and development that went into making the double edge safety razor, is seemingly being utterly disregarded, and people are busily trying to reinvent the wheel. I really feel like before you 'invent' a new razor, you should buy a copy of Waits Compendium and memorize every bit of it. The history of the safety razor is literally clogged with dead end concepts, that I have no doubt whatsoever, their makers thought were their tickets to greatness. And many of those ideas were quite good. But when your idea is the beginning of the path that can only end at the Gillette Trac II (Two blades are better than one. But, how do we maintain perfect alignment with every shave, and keep the head a manageable size? Mount the blades in a disposable cartridge! Genius! Early lunch everybody!)... well, not so much.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. Tallships

IMPO Shaving with two blades is just wasting one blade. After coming home from a hunting or fishing trip with more than a weeks growth on my face, it only took ONE blade for that BBS .

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Desi

Desi New Member

Does anyone else think that this may be a university project for some one's engineering course maybe teamed up with someone else in business administration?

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
  10. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it. Like someone else said earlier, they have probably never used a DE or SE razor.

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

I`ve been surfing the web just to see what`s out there , been looking at the Rockwell with all those plates to adjust the gap, when I clicked on a link that brought me here. The thing is, is this gadget isn`t unique, I own a razor that has 2 de blades stacked one on top of the other (almost), made in Solingen, Germany. Cost me pretty penny too. Made from the finest steel, not coated. This razor is really beautiful, shaved with it this morning, 90 % bbs. For
    anyone interested it is a Razolution by Simbatec.... (google it). Now... the skinny on it is that the blades are way too far apart, almost got them stuck ,one above my chin and the other below. To get set it up, you have twist the handle which bends the blades over an arch until the edges are sticking almost strait down but still at an angle. Laugh at four edges all you want..... but believe, don`t ever, ever shave with them. It didn`t take me long to shed the one on top, which to me seemed pretty useless (not to mention dangerous). I`m using that razor again in the morning because it shaves better than most.
    I think that if I loosen the handle just a tad, It might increase the gap slightly and do an even better job.

billdog2, God Bless

P.S. I`ve wanted parse the word "IS" ever since Bill Clinton said it all depend on what is is.

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  12. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

Neat golf club! That's what it is right?

Sorry Rio, your idea is just cheesy.....oh yes I did!

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Pass...

The MTO guy says I only need one blade. :)

14. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

15. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I just checked the status of this project. They only raised $4,099 of the $30,000 they were looking for. I have to say that I'm not surprised.

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I am. That they raised $4,009

:)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  17. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I wonder if we would get a BBS or DFS with it.......NOT!

18. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Well... well... well... guess what. I bought one of these monsters about three mos. ago, talk about donating blood. I thought it would be more like my Atra, only with "real" blades that you could change when dull. Not a chance. The blades are too far apart. I had one blade on top of my chin and the other below.
    And on top of that, it`s like using two straits at the same time, ugh. To tighten the handle, you must hold it by the ends, ok... this is the craziest part, the ends of the blades stick out quite a bit, so now I have two scars on my left thumb. Now I`m trying to off load it to someone who has enough experience to make good use of it. I wouldn`t wish it on someone as dumb as me. Surely there is someone out there that could make it work. Well, wish me luck.

God Bless and thanks for the post.

PatrickA51, Mr. Shaverman and hrfdez like this.
  19. hrfdez

hrfdez Active Member

Wow Bill, thanks for the review and safety briefing!

Darkbulb likes this.