A question

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tylervanstone, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Electric Sheep. I don't like citronella and the wife doesn't either. I knew it going in but I had heard some many hood reviews I figured I would give it a shot but it was too strong for me. That being said it lathered like a champ but have several other Stirlings I really liked so it was easy to pass on it. Also based on how well the mutton formula lathered I have interest in trying others in the future.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Every time he comes out with a new Sheep, I'm all over it. It seems to be mostly strong scents. I am not sure if this is a necesssity because of the mutton, but they are all pretty stout in the scent department. All I know is if Rod came out with a sheep version of every soap, I'd PIF every beef tallow soap I have and replace it.

Port au Prince is lemongrass and vetiver. Think earthy citrus. It is a huge new favorite of mine.

Glastonbury has kind of a strong patchouli note.

Scots Pine is exactly what it says. Straight up Pine. I love to hit it with a little M-Bomb. Feels like pine trees during deer hunting season.

3. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Ill keep these descriptions in mind! From what Ive heard yes mutton can be strong and requires a bit more scent to cover it. Im sure I'll eventually get to try a few others. For now I'm very much enjoying Executive Man, Ben Franklin, Sandpiper, and mountain man. Ozark is kinda strong but I'm still ok with it.

4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Not unfair at all. I had a sample that I never even unwrapped...

PickledNorthern likes this.
  5. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It really does smell like a candle. This isn't an insult it smells as advertised, like citronella. I thought I'd give it a try hoping it was a mild scent but it was stronger than I had hoped. I tried it twice didn't really care for it and the wife didn't like it so I PIF to a friend. That being said mutton lathers like a BOSS. Even though I didn't care for the scent its performance has me interested in trying more mutton options.

dustmite and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

My wife got me a sample puck of ES because she liked the picture! If you want the performance without the skeeter-be-gone smell, I'd recommend Scots Pine Sheep. Straight up pine scent, like walking through pine needles. Lathers better than anything I've used yet, and rinses completely clean so it won't interfere with a different AS.

7. Kondor

Kondor Member

PannaCrema «Nuavia». Great scent. And strong enough during shaving.