Aggressive shave?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Nov 2, 2016.

1. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I have a rule. After I shave and liberally apply my aftershave splash, I refuse to touch my face until I'm standing on my train platform about 20 minutes later. I find the wait for the train is less painful if I can check out and enjoy my shave and aftershave while waiting.

Matt0210 and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yes sir...

DentonMajik and Matt0210 like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:signs011:
    That is some real knowledge there.

4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

My two cents. Try an Edwin Jagger DE89bl once you've got the Micro Touch down. You can even pair it with an aggressive blade and still be as safe ad if you were in your mother's arms. Plus you'll be on your way to AD like the rest of us! :signs046:

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

The mildest razor available is Merkur 15C or 25C. Why? Because they got negative blade exposure! They are nice razors to have.

(This means the blade would not even touch your skin if you truly had zero pressure as the only touching points would be the cap and the comb, but not the blade)

6. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

The EJ 89 is a smooth , mild shaver. You can suit it to your needs and it will last forever. Another kinda mild razor is a Italian barber Razorock Mission. Last I seen, they were about $15 bucks and they are machined, out of stainless steel and half the price of a EJ. Nice razor.