Am I dreaming??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by VonDutch68, Nov 8, 2014.

1. VonDutch68

VonDutch68 Member

I know there is a thread about this razor but I thought this was funny... I fell asleep on my couch last night, since it was Friday I stayed up watching movies. I woke up around 4 a.m. to a commercial about a DE safety razor, the Micro Touch One. It had the guy from the show Pawn Stars promoting it. At first I really thought I was still asleep and having some weird dream but it turned out I was really awake. Too funny. Needless to say I got up and made coffee, thought about shaving, but watched Sponge Bob instead!! Happy Saturday!!! :D

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

You've made the right choice to ignore the bald guy pawning the Weishi…or 'Micro Touch One.'
    Why one would buy a razor being hawked by a pseudo-celebrity of questionable ethics (would you look to this guy for personal hygiene suggestions?) is beyond me.
    [​IMG]

3. VonDutch68

VonDutch68 Member

I can't stand reality t.v. to begin with, it really made waking up to this guy trying to sell me a razor seem more surreal!!

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

…surely NOT the face one wants to see when awakening….:D

youngunn, VonDutch68 and GDCarrington like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now our own Jeff (a.k.a. Crackstar) seems to be enjoying and getting good shaves from his. I think Jeff likes mild razors and since this seems to be a Weishi or a ReMei made razor it would fit the pattern.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/sos-november-3-2014-november-9-2014.41165/page-16#post-743127

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

No knock on the razors….merely the messenger. ;)

VonDutch68, BigT and GDCarrington like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

True to that, and like vonDutch stated, "I can't stand reality t.v. to begin with ...'' and I am in agreement with that as well.

I wonder how long Jeff will keep using his razor or will it make a decision for him by becoming non functional. Only time and Jeff will tell.

VonDutch68 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That Weishi can be a good Newbie razor, for someone who's not sure if DE shaving is for them.

Bristle Me likes this.
  9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have a few problems with Rick from Pawn Stars hawking the Micro Touch One, for one thing he doesn't appear to actually know anything about either "traditional" shaving or DE shaving. He compares the MTO(Weishi) an obvious Gillette Super Speed TTO Chinese clone to a 3 piece razor(looked like a Fat Handle Tech to me) as if one style(3 piece) is vintage and the other(MTO) is "new and improved" modern.

While I do like the national promotion being given to "traditional" shave equipment and the use of the single blade. That said if a newbie tries the MTO without an explanation about the many different types/styles of safety razors as well as blades, then gets a bad shave from a MTO, he may dismiss all single blade razors as worthless. I have used various TTO's and found them in general "VERY" usable, but mostly not to my liking, but I "LOVE" my 2 and 3 piece solid bar and open comb razors.

Another thing I dislike about this ad is the "RIPOFF" price they are asking for the MTO(Weishi) and not openly saying what brand those 24 blades are. As we all know, depending on the person, blade brand can make all the difference between a great shave and a "TERRIBLE" one!! Which is why blade sample packs are promoted especially to newbies here..:)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    VonDutch68 and youngunn like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Then no problem watching Pawn Stars as there is nothing real about that scripted show :)

Having said that...I occasionally do watch it :)

VonDutch68 likes this.
  11. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I used to watch their sister (spin-off) show American Restoration until the guy that brought in a Coke machine to be restored was presented with an entirely different model at the end of the show and he accepted it as though it was the same one. I worked for 30 years at Coca-Cola... I know the difference. That clued me in to how fake those shows are.
    I do still watch American Pickers because I like seeing what the guys find in the wild. Also I still watch Duck Dynasty on occasion because they keep God first in their lives and don't hide that in the show... even though I realize a lot of it is scripted. It's fun and they resist taking God out of the show, which is good.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm humbly proud to say the Wife and I haven't had cable or any form of TV (apart from DVD) in well over 10 years, and I have no first-hand clue what y'all are talking about. I do know I tried the razor last year, and disliked it. I also wonder if that guy pictured above is the actor who played Ben Grimm in the awful Fantastic Four movie.

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I started on a Weishi 9306 VDH, same as MTO. Solid razor actually, oft-maligned, but a good shaver, very mild.

Messenger makes me cringe. :happy068: So off-putting...

14. Bama Samurai

No tv watching (other than live sport) since 2003 for me....reality tv is the death of culture.

15. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Let's see.
    Would I consider buying a razor being hawked by a guy
    who can't seem to get his chin area shaved properly,
    and has obvious 5 O'clock stubble on his noggin at 10 in the morning?

Hmmmm..........

16. Bama Samurai

Ummm. Yeah. Lol.

VonDutch68 and GDCarrington like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Regardless of who's hawking it, the Weishi 9306 is my favorite TTO. Exactly the same as the superspeed I had, but it's new and I can rest assured that Charles Manson didn't shave his pits with it. A fine razor for all.

18. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Manson shaved his pits?

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Uh, er, uh ... wow! :scared007:

20. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Or you could be definitely dreaming..:signs062:

GDCarrington likes this.