An epic shaving brush for the Star Wars fans

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Darkbulb, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Been following Localgentshavingco over on Instagram where he shows off the brush handles he makes by hand. Some really neat ones like these ones for instance;
    [​IMG]

The he created something that made the cool-meter rise.
    First some progress photos showing him apparently sanding and working on this thing for hours:
    [​IMG]

The final result is pretty sweet :)
    [​IMG]

I don't know the guy, just follow his brush handle making on Instagram.

2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Sorry that's the Darkside!:yoda

Robyflexx and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I would love one of those with a synthetic knot. My fiance would love it but she won't use animal hair being vegan. Maybe I should wish for 2.

Robyflexx and Weeper Warrior like this.
  4. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

You can get in synthetic on the site it is an option.

And....meat is murder...tasty murder.

SRNewb, Robyflexx and Petty3347 like this.
  5. DDuckyMark

If he hand carved it then I know I can't afford it. If I could I would want one in a 28mm synthetic and one in a 20mm boar.

[​IMG]

SRNewb, Robyflexx, Jorvaljr and 7 others like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It says this on his site:
    "
    This Vader shaving brush is made out of high quality black acrylic. Sanded and high polished all by hand then accented in silver leaf. Handcrafted and assembled in our shop to offer a high quality, hand made in the USA shaving brush. This brush has a great contoured feel, very solid not hollow like most other brushes. It is very comfortable in the hand, letting you work up a great lather and easily becoming your favorite brush. We use only the highest quality knots of your choice to give you the best material to retain heat and water needed to make the perfect lather. We give you the option to pick a badger hair or synthetic knot to create your own wonderful brush.

The choices for the kind of knots you can pick from are:
    * Best Badger 22mm: soft tips, nicely packed knot, great heat retention, and soft feel.
    * Silvertip Badge 22mm: Has a fuller, tighter knot, a little stiffer but very soft and luxurious, holds more heat and water.
    * 3 Band Synthetic Nylon Knot 22mm: Not made from animal hair but still has the look and feel of badger one of the premiums in synthetic knots available today."

It doesn't say exactly how it was made but looking at the fine details in it I would guess that it's a cast that then is cleaned up.
    Then again, I may well be wrong ;)

Robyflexx, Boojum1 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

It would feel both funny and slightly weird to shave with one of my former colleagues. But I guess it would be a fun topic for the annual Sith Yuletide party. Vader would be pissed, he has no sense of humour and Dark Helmet would sulk since he would want one made of himself. He has always had a little Darth Vader complex.
    Sidious who is getting more and more delusional and demented, would pick one up and exclaim that "in time you would call me master" and proceed to force light it to smithereens when the brush fails to pay proper homage.

Dooku on the other hand would find it just as amusing as me. He wouldn't show it, he has too much grace for that. But I suspect he would get one and find a perverse joy in separating the loft from the handle. He never cared much for Vader.

8. DDuckyMark

well there goes my fantasy.

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  9. necrotic

necrotic Active Member

Awesome!!!

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have the sudden urge to purchase a troll doll, rip out it's hair and replace the hair with a badger knot.
    [​IMG]

Segafan#1, Jorvaljr, Drygulch and 7 others like this.
  11. Norseman

That would be epic

12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Or maybe a Don King in Silvertip for the boxing fans. image.jpg

13. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You have to feel a bit sorry for Vader, he doesn't seem to have many friends.:(

PLANofMAN likes this.
  14. Norseman

Yes, he always had issues. Even before the "mishap"
    I blame the Jedi.

15. Petty3347

Petty3347 Well-Known Member

I would buy that

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zinteresting2.jpg

Jorvaljr likes this.
  17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Waiting for a Yoda Brush I am. ;)

SRNewb likes this.
  18. Toypeu60

Toypeu60 New Member

The troll idea rocks

19. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I think we are going to see a rash of strange brushes on the SOTD thread lol. The troll doll would be awesome

Segafan#1, PLANofMAN and Darkbulb like this.