An Inspired Shave

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by RyX, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

If I were to get inspired, I might shave today.

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Edited to add inspired lyrics

"The way I like it is the way it is
    I got mine, don't worry 'bout his"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Bama Samurai, TestDepth and Keithmax like this.
  3. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Today I was inspired to use the C.O.Bigelow Shaving Cream by @clint64 and @PLAla from their posts on the 30 DC.... likewise, I went with the Skin Bracer thanks to @mrchick from his selection today. Thanks, guys!
    sotd 3.5.2018.jpg

Primotenore, MR41, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Inspired by @TestDepth and his Saito SK3, a big smile on my Herr Razors

IMG_4616.jpg

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

MR41, TestDepth, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

MR41, PLAla, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

most of my shaves,all of my razors and products were inspired by tsd and u tube vids.thank you all....:eatdrink047:

MR41, Bama Samurai, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  8. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Inspired by @DaltonGang and @EzraCobb...
    Brush JR 263 is the sister brush to Scott’s 262... awesome choice of Birdseye maple and ebony!
    And I am a big Sudsy Soapery fan so I tried to match @EzraCobb’s Pink Lavender with Lavender & Peppermint.
    Thank you both!!!’
    B1AAA1ED-DF6E-48BE-B9F4-F2EC45D47BD5.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave!
    Tom.

Primotenore, MR41, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 03072018.gif Every time I'd see @McGrande post a photo of his Fatip put me closer to this shave. Thank you, Sir!
    Soap inspired by Chris @Bama Samauri.
    Brush crafted by Jason @jtspartan.

Someone needs to inspire Barbasol to bring back this AS since I didn't stock up before it was discontinued. Not reformulated - Just like it always was!

10. sdguero

Hey Rick.... I haven't heard the Barbasol Brisk AS is being discontinued. I reached out to Barbasol last summer and confirmed that Pacific Rush AS was discontinued but not the Brisk. Unless something's changed and there's new information.

RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Oh, I could be mistaken! That's great news because I prefer Brisk. Ought to get a back up in case They pull another scent off the shelf!

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

sdguero likes this.
  12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

How have I missed this cool thread?
    Off the top of my head, over the past while I have used:
    -Palmolive Shave Stick inspired by Chris’s @Bama Samurai thread
    -Jeeves Tobacco and Bay Rum AS inspired by @PLAla
    -Samples provided by @Screwtape
    -Sharp Star blades inspired by @NCoxSTL and others
    I know I’ve missed a few things, will have to go back over some shave reports.

Primotenore, MR41, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad you found the thread Jason! Feel free to recall previous and tag folks in shaves to come.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

sdguero likes this.
  14. sdguero

The Brisk is still displayed proudly on their website.

RyX likes this.
  15. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I was inspired by Chris @Bama Samurai to buy a Parker SRX last year and finally to break it in this March. I used it enough to decide shavette will not be a regular thing for me, but that decision is certainly not Chris' fault.
    IMG_00000176.jpg

I was then inspired by Adam @Drygulch to try my straight razor instead. I did find it easier and more forgiving as he suggested it would be, but I concluded the Dark Side isn't for me. I am grateful though to Chris, Adam, and other 30DC members like @Keithmax and @mrchick for inspiring me at least to try a straight razor:

IMG_00000182.jpg
    I have started doing Menthol Monday because of all the Denizens who have made that a "thing":
    IMG_00000167.jpg

And my shaves have been greatly enhanced by Jason @jtspartan's great woodwork, such as the bowl and brush I used in yesterday's shave:
    IMG_00000187.jpg

Mostly the whole 30DC Crew has inspired me to shave fulltime with single-blade wetshaving razors after an unhappy lifetime with electrics... Oh yes, and it is thanks to all the people recommending replating and coating services that I now have my fantastically well refurbished trio of Gillette adjustables to enjoy:
    IMG_00000058.jpg

Primotenore, MR41, sdguero and 10 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I watched a video a couple of years ago of Rodney (@Cap7597) using Mitchell's Wool Fat. His aftershave choice that day was Fine American Blend. He was taking his time in the video because Vice President Biden was visiting their rail yard that day and he wanted to look his best. He commented in the video "What's a week of shaving without The Fat?".

I agree! So I began my Fat Friday tradirion using Mitchell's and Fine American Blend. It's a great way to close the work week out. A recurring shave that was inspired by @Cap7597.

Enjoy your day, all!

[​IMG]

Primotenore, MR41, sdguero and 4 others like this.
  17. Keithmax

Primotenore, MR41, sdguero and 5 others like this.
  18. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Inspired by the @Keithmax decision to order a Koraat 14 bellied hollow, double shoulder beauty, I had to pull out a vintage 14 myself...
    W Koniger Rondinella 14
    15/16” hollow grind- and my absolute favorite straight razor design! Congrats Keith!
    1F0539B7-77EF-49AB-ABBF-1A8D64C5E9D7.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave!
    Tom

Primotenore, MR41, sdguero and 4 others like this.
  19. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Terrific thread idea! Just stumbled onto it by accident.

Broke out my Italian Barber Amici from a long hiatus because Linuxguile was hitting it hard earlier this month.

sdguero, Keithmax, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  20. Keithmax

:love055:

sdguero, RyX and TestDepth like this.