An observation on forums

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Dpreview ... photography forum ... sounds like your guitar forums

dustmite likes this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I was embarrassed about my new toupee when that picture was taken. Gee thanks

richgem, RyX, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy097:

mrchick likes this.
  5. So which unethical snowflake deleted my post?

59606171.jpg

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Got my tshirt on this. Ride easy brother.

RyX likes this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Audio forums are pretty bad, as well. Basically, any forum devoted to a hobby which has no absolute standards (most of them) will bring out self-styled "experts".

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Neither confirming nor denying the allegation. Also not entering into an argument about Ethics or Political leanings. The Shave Den is a privately owned forum available for the discussion of all things shaving related. To keep the topic on point and to avoid an internet mud slinging event certain subjects are not invited or allowed. We don't discuss politics, religion, or electric razors. If you wish to make a statement about those topics you may find your post subject to Edit or Deletion, and your membership at risk.
    Please do enjoy our friendly, gentleman & ladylike environment in the manner as it is provided. The Forum is paid for and maintained for that purpose by gracious and concerned folks. There are other places for fighting, this isn't one of them.

9. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Thank you... thank you... THANK YOU!!!

I still have nightmares about the.... :shocked003: ......... electric razors I used in college so many years ago. I never want to go down that road again!

mrchick, Keithmax, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Wait, wait a minute! I can't talk about electric razors here???? But, but, but.....

:angry017:

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

stink eye dog.jpg
    Kidding, but you won't get many likes...

12. All I did was mention some dysfunctional troll assumed my avatar offended their religion. I'm not interested in politics, I avoid socializing with broken records for that exact reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I got booted from another shave forum when I was only months into my "shave journey". It sensitized me to the way Moderators can have heavy handed tactics. I prefer to engage a member in one on one conversation should they be risking bannination. This particular thread is a conversation about forums in general. I shared my thoughts on the matter. They may or may not be exactly in line with "Company Policy". Where there's a difference I go with TSD rules as they stand.
    I am coming up on two years with the forum, most as a member and only months ago granted a place on the staff as a Mod. I like it here and my generally helpful nature, positive attitude, and Boy Scout ethics have paid off. I've made some friends, traded some gear, and learned a lot about the hobby. If I appear too sensitive, it's out of respect to the many members that share my attitude. I don't fly off the handle and kick rule breakers without letting them know what they can do to change their behavior should they wish to continue membership at TSD.

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Those things are the ugliest toy ever made. Flashback time.

mrchick and wristwatchb like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

I'm proud to say I've been banned from that other forum.
    Oh wow. I just checked that I am coming on 4 years here at da-den!
    Nice group of friends here.

Eeyore, Keithmax, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  16. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

It would be best for all if I just cruise right on by this thread. :)

TSD is the best. Membership on others just for access to BST's, really. Most of the time. Sometimes the BS meter gets pegged... Which doesn't work well with my direct nature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Keithmax and mrchick like this.
  17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Yes, but @mrchick is still a great guy. :happy097:

1.jpg

mrchick, RyX and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

Mr. C is literally the best! I enjoy his company every time

mrchick and wristwatchb like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well of course....you wouldn't want to forget the...uh...that last item you mentioned.

Jim99 and wristwatchb like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs021:

RyX likes this.