An odd question

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by aelfred.t.allspa, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just hope the day doesn't "alternate" to ME. :signs131:

"used to be"?? What's next, will leather soon go the way of jasmine?

brit likes this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I find it kind of ironic that during the time where the average man spent his day doing stereotypically masculine things, when he cleaned up, he used scents that smelled clean and fresh. He didn’t care about floral notes in his soap, cause he was clean, and if you hacked on him about it, he’d just kick your butt. Fast forward to today when masculine means dialing the phone to call someone who will get dirty for you, there is a rise in popularity of scents that make you smell dirty. (Hoppes, WD-40, campfire, motor oil, etc...)

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

hipster vs limberjack.png

4. brit

brit in a box

tabac,
    castle forbes lavender.

i stop at leather chaps....

i get the oil, smoke,wd-40 and dirt scents working on cars everyday.maybe they are for the anti working crowd.....

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Mrs H buys the soaps for the house which are mostly girly. Tonight I soaked in a hot bath with Lavender and Jasmine oil to scent it. If that’s an issue just call me Katrina :)

I do love the smell of engine oil but damned if I’d wear it :)

With you fella. I move between denim with a tasteful skull and looking like a beardless hippy or jus a bloke in shorts. DGAF is my motto. At my age I don’t worry for a second. :)

Drygulch, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've been a wood worker for decades. Didn't think I'd like sandalwood, but it's acceptable. Less attracted to pine scented products.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

DesertTime, brit and KenH like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i like some flowers,pine ,wood ,lemon,vanilla and many other scents.its a shame that some are now associated with cleaning products. one friend said tabac smells like baby powder.each nose is different i guess. i love the smell of a nice garden on a warm afternoon. i think i would stop at baked beans on toast. formal,evening ,casual work?....

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  8. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

It's a free country so to each his own I guess. I don't care about hand soaps but when it comes to shower soap I have to smell like a man. My little ones love Stirling bath soaps but I only get them manly scents. My adult sons are the same way. My wife and I use different bars of soap!

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I wear Lilac fragrance almost daily. When men have issues with floral scents, it's either a taste or confidence issue. Men should do as they please, and care not about being judged by others.

DesertTime, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  10. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I don't think you're out of the "weird" woods yet. After all, you are hanging out on a shaving forum with us.

Frijolero and Enrico like this.