Anybody use shaving oil?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Tom Husband, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Do you use refined on unrefined shea butter? =)

2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

What do you mean Blue-face'?

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It means heavy, dark facial hair that looks bluish under your skin even after you just shaved.

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Yep..I've a few co-workers who have that appearance. 5 o'clock shadow at noon……;)
    [​IMG]

5. Dapper-in-a-can-man

.... I was wondering what that was. My chin and under my chin is like that. I wondered what that was.... The more I know.

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Prime candidate for one of these….slant bar razor!
    [​IMG]

7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

.... ... And I said I was going to stop buying....

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

You, my friend, have come to the wrong place. We're all about enabling here, y'know?

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I know, but I can't leave you guys. :D Is there much difference between the 37C & 39C? Aside from handle length.

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Identical heads. Just the larger handle on the 39c.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

It would be nice to try =)

12. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

It is all in the art of shaving slow down take some (me time) lock the bathroom door poor your self a cup of fresh Joe enjoy the essence of your shave soap or cream put some Billie holiday on the record player and take it all in.
    Welcome to the den.
    Take care.

Omelmad likes this.
  13. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Yes please post it with sugar on top.

Omelmad likes this.
  14. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

I do it before both passes my neck is very sensitive.

15. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I just noticed your post "Welcome to The Shave Den" :signs046:
    You asked if people use PSO (pre-shave oil) well yes I do there are several good ones out there for purchase, also several folks have posted their own formulas for it. I like either the Stirling Shaving Soap Co. Pre-Shave oil available on-line www.stirlingsoapco.com

Also there are several brands you can purchase on-line or at Wally World or Riteaide.

Omelmad likes this.
  16. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I think I learned something new about PSO today. Take it with a grain of salt since I was using TOBS cream for the first time too. I think I just realized that I naturally do some minor blade buffing as I go, pretty much on every pass on my trouble areas around my crown. I skipped the PSO on passes 2 and 3 today and man could I tell. If you have proper technique and do not go over unlathered surfaces, then it probably doesn't make much difference. But evidently it's important for the way I like to shave. I would rather use the PSO and do some light buffing as I go rather than doing an extra 1 or 2 cleanup passes on the crown.