Anyone else use just a small variety of shaving products?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ironthinker, Feb 17, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Getting a synthetic brush early in my journey kept me from brush AD.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike and DesertTime like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I'll let you know just as soon as I finish trying many. ;)

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I have too many razors, brushes and soaps that I love using. I'm not planning on adding anything other than a couple of soaps in 2017. I do like the variety.

I often think what's my top 5 razors, but that seems to change from week to week. Maybe one day....

dustmite and Carbide Mike like this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Well, once I found my Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre brush, I sold my (small) collection of animal hair brushes. Since then I only added a WD synthetic, and a synthetic travel brush.

SharptoothC likes this.
  5. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

For me it's never been about variety but, rather, a search for the best. Having been through so many different items over the years I've mostly settled on a razor (Futur), a shave soap (Barbasol lanolin in a can), and aftershave (Old Spice). Still haven't been able to narrow my blade selection much, however, with a half dozen in rotation.

6. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I've been whittling down my aftershaves & soaps since mid 2016. I like creams better than soaps. ARKO stick for travel. I'd be happy with rotating between Pinaud Clubman, VIBR and Barbasol Brisk or Mennen Skin Bracer.
    As far as hardware goes, I'm very happy with my Fatip Grande. Use it most every day. Every now and then I'll break out my old EJ DE87 (got it in 2011) and I use a Maggard V3/MR2 razor for travel. After trying lots of blades, I'm down to three that I have bulked up on. (Astra SP, Rapira LUX, Personna Red) I have three brushes. Semogue 620 boar and RazoRock Disruptor synthetic for daily use and an Omega 10086 boar for travel.
    I hope to get to the point where I'm using just the four Proraso creams, two or three AS splashes and the brushes & blades as mentioned as they all work great for me. That's enough variety for me anyway. Heck, When I started shaving in the mid 1960's I used Gillette DEs, Gillette blades, Gillette Foamy canned cream and Mennen SB or Old Spice.

Here's a shot of my stuff. Taking a while to use up the soaps & aftershaves.
    soapsbrushesrazors2.JPG Aftershaves2.JPG