Anyone know who manufactured this handle?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ram57, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Came across this handle yesterday at a farmers market and plan to use with my DE89 head as I like the added length and weight. The handle is 3 7/8 inches long and weighs in at 73 grams. Any idea who manufactured this and there is no markings on this handle.

2013-06-16_15-21-46_70.jpg

ohpaos and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Sabi

alpla444 likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I agree with Hanzo it looks like a Sabi either T-4 or T-5...You can find them at shaveabuck.com along with one of my favorites the Sabi T-2.....:)

4. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

II believe I just found it: Pilot Endeavor. Tried handle this morning with my DE89 head and for me, a major difference in quality of shave the added weight provided. Original DE89L 62gm with this handle 102.2 gm. This handle weighs one gram more than my Tradere handle that I use with my R41 open comb. Definitely a keeper for me.

"Pilot "Endeavor" Heavy Duty Double Edge Razor - Nothing can beat the original safety razors with their replaceable double-edged blades that provide a smooth, clean shave. The Pilot "Endeavor" Heavy Duty Double Edge Razor is all metal - genuine brass frame with nickel/chrome plating. Perfect for both new and expert wet shavers, this razor provides an incredibly smooth shave when coupled with Feather Hi-Stainless razor blades.

Handle Length: 4.00 inches
    Total Length: 4.375 inches
    Weight: 3.7 ounces

http://americanshavingcompany.com/s...azor-10-free-feather-hi-stainless-blades.html

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Ram those look like rebranded Parkers.