Anyone tried this soap?!

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Latherman87, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

http://content.dove.us/mencare/Products_ExtraFreshBar.aspx

Super good stuff!!! I have 8 bars of it under my sink with 2 others in use in our bathrooms....great face wash and the scent is amazing IMO......this is my favorite soap I have ever used.....im sure I will find a awesome artisan soap at some time that out does this mass produced awesome-ness....but for now im in love with this stuff!

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Its ok, I'm only using it because my skin dries out during the colder months...

3. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

I ordered the mitchells wool fat line of body soaps and hair. I got a bottle of shampoo...and two body bars...used them for the last week and honestly can't say in words how amazing these products are. they leave my skin and hair so soft and hydrated, and most of all they have that great scent we all love from mwf!....i have tried these dove bars before but i prefer not too use any of this stuff....the ingredients list is very scary!!

4. fatkid

fatkid Well-Known Member

Let me check but i remember those at my local wally mart

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

My housemate uses that stuff everyday. He however is somewhat... ahead of the times haha. None of this OldSchool greatness for him.

He enjoys and thinks that they are great.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Picked up a bulk package at BJs. I like it, but I'm not one to get excited over bath soap.
    Shaving soap... that's another story ;)

7. Sodapopjones

I just picked up the "Deep Clean" bar, I like the scent a lot better, its scent is like a combination of say an English lavender and leather... The exfoliation beads are a little wonky but in the end your skin feels pretty good and its not dry; I think this bar works best.

[​IMG]

8. Latherman87

I have not tried this one yet...or smelt it for that matter...I may have to now I have only used the green one because it was the first one i tried and instantly stuck with it

9. Sodapopjones

Brett, give it a shot, I wish I would have tried the Red sooner.

10. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Haven't used this particular product but I have been using the Dove Men's line of deodorant because they make a fragrance free. Good stuff.

11. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

where did you order the mitchells wool fat body soap from?

12. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I've been using the Deep Clean as well. Good stuff.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  13. Issac

Issac Member

Oh hey look I'm out of soap. Guess I know what to get on my next shopping trip.

14. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Jealous. I love being out of soap! 'Cause that means I get to go shopping for shave supplies again!!!!

15. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Very nice stuff, great fragrance and loads a lather.
    No after shower film.
    I tried the Deep Clean version :happy088:
    YMMV

16. Issac

Issac Member

I've also been using the Deep Clean, I agree with wyatt nice lather and fragrance. Also doesn't leave you skin dry.

17. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

I picked up some of that Deep Clean stuff on the recommendations of this thread, and it, is awesome. Great smell, great lather, and no dry, rubbery feeling after you're done with it. Would buy again!

How long does a bar typically last you guys? I got the smaller bars, and have been using it once a day for a couple weeks, and it seems to be half gone now. Normal? Or am I using too much?

DLP likes this.
  18. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I wouldn't say you're using too much, I purchased a few of them a little while back and found they did wear down quicky compared to other soaps. That was my only complaint really. I think I may want to try to get MWF's bar soap though, it could help a great deal with the wife's sensitive skin and avoid me buying different soaps for everyone in the house LOL.

19. Latherman87

I generally lather up 2 times in the shower.....and the bar will usually last me roughly a month maybe less. I have 4 more under my sink lol I love this stuff

20. AndreaBianchi

AndreaBianchi New Member

You may try Eucerin products or ones like Eucerin range. They do wonders to my TWGW. Ask the seller in the which is the most suitable for you. Soaps dry skin no matter what. Also, you could move to more humid part of the World. One of my optional bar soaps is Green Mountain, and though I've not used it on my face, they do have a liquid version (palm-based) that's worked well for me as a face soap.

Andrea

GDCarrington likes this.