Apologies

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Slow Joe, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I would like to apologise for causing any offense with my comments earlier re HTG AM.
    I was trying to answer a member and maybe went a bit too far.
    Just to clarify the comments were my opinions of documents that are on the Internet. My interpretation of these could be way off, but that's just how I read it. Also to clarify my reporting of them might be a little off, as it is a while since I read them. But like I said that was just my opinion, if people want to read them for themselves they can.
    I have received an e mail from the owner of HTGA M saying people have been e mailing him about this post.
    So apologies to those members who may have been upset but what was my interpretation of these emails. Especially to poor Sammy who only joined today, all I can say is its not always like this.
    Like I said I thought I was just answering a question.
    I never thought it would cause such a row. Especially at this time of year. I hope this can be an end to all this and we can just get back to normal. Again I apologise for my part in any of this. I hope this put an end to it and not start another debate

So Merry Christmas to you all, or as you guys say it Happy Holidays.

Shaver X, 45auto, wristwatchb and 8 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I am ignorant of most of this, I plan to stay that way. I don't have an interest in the controversies. I am too busy exploring traditional shaving. Thank you all for respecting my ignorance on this.

I am passing judgement on no one. I have an idea! Let's just focus on TSD and the people who are here and participating in our community. The fellowship and community are why I joined this forum, and they are why I keep coming back. The best way IMHO to enjoy a forum is to focus on the things you love, reach out and build relationships and leave the rest behind. There is too much good going on around TSD to spend energy on this.

Thanks for that note Joe. It takes a real man to own up to his part in a situation. I admire that in you. Merry Christmas, and I hope the rest of your Sunday is grand. Let's all have a great week at TSD focused on the things we love.

Derhey, Jostalli, KLF and 6 others like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Joe, it is a very difficult situation that one individual (who will go unnamed) has chosen by his actions to place a large number of people into and emotions for many run high over this.
    The one thing is for sure, you are leaving this in the past and I applaud you for that.
    I wish nothing but the best for you and your family this Christmas and may the New Year be a wonderful one.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    CyanideMetal, Tdmsu, Spud and 6 others like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Joe, you are taking waaaay more responsibility than necessary. I'll also say that you did not tell anyone to email the owner of HTGAM, the new guy Sammy did. Odd that the guy would be emailing you, don't you think?

That's all I'm going to say.

Darkbulb, JR Reyes, Chuck F and 2 others like this.
  5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

No sweat, Joe.

macaronus, Slow Joe and GDCarrington like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Joe, one last thing from me on this. Don't beat yourself up any more on this subject.
    You are a good forum member and I have always appreciated your inputs. I look forward to your future contributions here.

Spud, macaronus, Chuck F and 4 others like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Merry Christmas Joe! :santa

8. Bama Samurai

This is why I am a member of this forum. I like the way we take care of one another. Love you all like brothers! 2015 is gonna be a great year on TSD.:happy088:

Spud, macaronus, JR Reyes and 5 others like this.
  9. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Thanks, that means a lot. and thanks to everyone else for their kind messages i really appreciate it. That's more like the tsd i know and love.

Radiotube, Spud, wristwatchb and 6 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Back to RAD, SAD and more laughs....;)

Radiotube, jakie55, Tdmsu and 6 others like this.
  11. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Amen...

Radiotube, Spud, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Amen and Merry Christmas!

Radiotube, Bama Samurai, Spud and 2 others like this.
  14. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I have no idea what was said, but I do know that the owner of this htgam is sketchy due to past dealings. I wouldn't worry about it, this is a place to express opinions, people can sometimes take things way too seriously.

No offense here anyway.

Have a good one, and sending happy shaves your way!

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

One of the best avatars, ever!

16. Bama Samurai

we should really have a discussion about the awesomeness of that avatar.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Me too! It's great to be a part of this fine Brotherhood! :D

18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

What a terrific bunch of guys you all are. Scholars and gentlemen. I'm fortunate to have found you!

19. RaZorBurn123

Thanks! ;)

20. RaZorBurn123

Great Great Great Grandfather. He's was a handsome Gent