April 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2017.

?

Are you using a theme for April? And - which adjustable if you're going there?

1. Arko baby!!!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Arko and an adjustable - even better!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Fatboy

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Slim

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Black Beauty

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Futur

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Soviet Ideal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Soviet Consul

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Schick Adjustable

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. No theme - just me, my razor and some COOKIES!

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

The hazards of working with samples. I vaguely recall the translucent brownish hockey puck. Guess I didn't read the label!

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

To support this, I had a conversation today via p.m. with another member to discuss how he successfully removed the lettering from a brush he was selling, as I found the lettering on one of my brushes distracting and wanted to remove it. You made a judgment call for the best look for this brush, Jason, and I think we all trust your judgment and will be thrilled with the final product! I certainly know that I am excited about it!

SharptoothC, RyX, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
  3. BaylorGator

Before I get into a shave review for this morning (which I know you've all been waiting for), I wanted to throw something a bit personal out there... I know I haven't met any of you guys in person, but I feel like in the last month I've started to develop some genuine friendships here that I wouldn't have expected from an online forum. I also know from some p.m. discussions, that several of us depend on our faith to guide our major life decisions. One of those decisions has surprisingly presented itself to me this week, and I need some divine guidance in order to make the right call. I would appreciate prayers from anyone who feels led to do so that God would lead me to make the right decision for me and my family. If that's not your thing or your worldview, this was not intended as a religious message or advertisement; some of my best friends in the world have different views than me, and I respect them intensely. I just wanted to throw out a request to whichever Shave brothers feel compelled to privately participate. Thanks for indulging me. Now on with the shave review...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  4. BaylorGator

Day 3 with the slant. After reading some reviews from previous slant users on the pass around, surprisingly several people felt that both derbys and feathers produced unusually good results with the slant. Because I knew Shavette Fu would want me to, I immediately selected a derby for this morning's shave. People had told me that you can tell when it's time for a new blade by the uncomfortable tugging feeling it produces, yet I had never felt the awful sensation of this... until my first pass with the derby. I avoided the teptation to immediately toss it in the garbage, and went on with pass two and pass three, which produced no tugging. After some touch up, I realized that this somewhat unpleasant somewhat uncomfortable shave had produced a closer than usual shave on my neck. I'm not sure what to do with these results other than make a slant project one of my future focuses at some point. Tomorrow, results to come with the feather. Part of me says, having never used a feather before, that the first use should not be in a slant. Another part of me says that this is a good warm-up to dial in the bad decision making skills required to participate in MAYhem. Stay tuned...

5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

It was when I sent it off

Drygulch, SharptoothC, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I think he started a new job this week.

Drygulch, SharptoothC, RyX and 3 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo Doug. I just noticed the razor handle. Very cool.

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Clint. It's a lot darker than it appears in the photo.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It looks great. I see his posts with SS and Titanium. I wonder if we make a brass handle.

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Doug! :happy088:

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I didn't see Javier's post about SS & Titanium.

Drygulch, SharptoothC and clint64 like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sorry I meant he has posted SS handles and Titanium handles. Not one handle made out of both. You have the coolest one I have seen Javier post.

13. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

My family and I will pray for you to make the right decision

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Did he post them on Tweeter?

Drygulch, SharptoothC and clint64 like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:signs011: We will also send out prayers for your help.

16. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Prayers sent your way.

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Pulling off a planned shave "ala me" is impressive. Doing it without planning or knowing - extra points!

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Brian, that's a gorgeous razor and brush! :happy088:

19. wristwatchb

Andrew, that is such a wonderful photo of your son. Thanks for sharing your pride and joy with us.

20. wristwatchb

Aw, heck. I thought it was chipboard that someone had polished up like it owed them money and was a month late. ;)