*Archived* GemStar Customs

Discussion in 'Vendor's Corner' started by gssixgun, Jun 22, 2009.

1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I very rarely have razors up for sale on my website, they have to be exceptional for me to list them .... There is one up right now, if you are looking for a rather nice razor for a great price.... Here is a link to my "Razors for Sale" page...

Also if you are looking for Restoration or Honing Services take the time to search the website...

Thanks

http://www.gemstarcustoms.com/index.php/razors_for_sale.html

2. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Gemstar Custom's has Straight Razors !!!!!

It is a rather rare occurance but I do have some up on the website right now...

hit this link for more info...

http://www.gemstarcustoms.com/index.php/razors_for_sale.html

I rarely actually sell razors, mostly I do all restores heck look at the product numbers :happy102 I have had 15 whole razors for sale since I opened the website....

Anyway if you are looking for some reasonable fully shave ready razors they are up...

3. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

If I hadn't declawed, spayed, and bought a bunch of shots (Not liquor shots) for my cats, and joined a gym this week, I think that 11/16 Thistle would be mine right now.
    Good to see you have some razors up. You do great work, you ought to post more razors more often.

4. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Dubl Duck for Christmas !!!!

This is the first of three 5/8 Dubl Duck Round Point Goldedges that are coming off the bench... This one is near perfect in every way...

Look at how the razor is sitting pretty on the edges of the Santa Claus Bowl the scales are some of the best I have ever seen on a Goldedge they are perfect as far as I can see... This razor was broken down totally and cleaned and polished, in fact the only difference between factory fresh is the gold wash on the tang... I would rate the polish on the faces of the blade as above 95% perfect they are virtually no blemishes...Hone wear looks to be factory only....This is a beautiful example of a Goldie it will come to you fully shave ready.... SOLD !!!!

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Check the Blades for sale page...

www.gemstarcustoms.com

5. traditionalist

traditionalist New Member

very nice looking razor

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

pretty indeed!

7. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

What was the selling price? I may have one to sell.

Issy

8. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Issy the selling price is really of no consequence.... I have 3 of them and all three will go for different prices because of how each one stands up against the image of a factory fresh DD......

Condition is the determining factor... Just for reference I have seen GoldEdges go from $15- $300 on e-bay...

I myself choose not to sell on E-bay, I pick what I think is a fair price for each razor and sell them at that price, yes I could probably make way more on there, but I choose to sell only to the forums...

9. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Was just wandering what one that clean went for.

Issy

10. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    You have PM

11. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Another Dubl Duck From Santa!!!

This one is just now going up on my website so if you would still like a Dubl Duck for Christmas here is another chance for a nice one...

DD 5/8 Roundpoint Goldedge....

Again:
    The scales are near perfect, there is no warp and they are in great shape, but just a small notch below the ones above...

The blade is also near perfect again only factory hone wear, but there is one tiny blemish near the front face toe that is barely noticeable but I see it...

This one will be priced slightly less than the one above was... This one of course like any razor I sell will be fully shave ready... SOLD !!!!

I have one more of these left that I am trying to get done in time for Christmas !!!

007.jpg

010.JPG

011.JPG

12. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    OK Folks I see a need here and I am going to try and fill it....

Just so long as I can continue to find these at good prices I will supply them...
    The prices will range from $25 -$65 for lapped and chamfered Barber"s Hones...
    I am buying them from a Local antique store and E-bay then taking them and lapping them flat and even on a DMT 120 then smoothing them up on the DMT 325...

The cheaper ones are either smaller or only usable on one side, the more expensive ones are the Swaty's and the two sided ones or two grit stones..

Every stone will be razor tested to make sure they will work...

I see what you guys are paying for some of these on E-bay and taking a chance on getting something un-usable, this way I'll take the chance and make sure you get a usable hone... Yes I will make a touch of profit on the lapping and to absorb the cost of bad stones...

Also if you need a hone lapped to usable, PM me and we can discuss a fair price....

PS: I do have one and only one Marked "3 Line" Swaty for sale, this is not a Swaty with three lines of text, this is an actual Swaty stamped "3 Line"

Link to my website is below or PM me....

13. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    More barber's hones have been added and I should have a couple more up on Sunday night...

14. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Full Custom Restore---

Superior Cut co. made in Germany "Always Ready" Razor
    6/8 Round point 3/4 hollow grind
    Zero hone wear or factory only can't really tell
    Near perfect mirror finish
    Red Lava Acrylic matching Tang and Scales
    Bi-metal pins and washers
    Black Acrylic Wedge
    Silver decorated center post
    Honed to Full Shave Ready before shipping...

Available now at Gemstar Customs Razors for Sale page

sr 4.jpg

sr 5.jpg

sr 7.jpg

15. Garyg

Garyg Member

Wow, that is a beauty, good luck on the sale!​

16. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:eek: Holy ****! That is beautiful! :happy096

17. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Awesome, Glen!

18. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Nice Work Glen, that Red just pops!

19. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Swaty Alert !!!

There are more new hones up and one is a Swaty !!!

Also for a limited time I am offering the Cerium Oxide paste ready to use...
    This stuff is like CrOx but way smoother so I use it after the CrOx for just a few laps... Smoooooooooooooth...

20. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    I don't sell many razors but I have decided that this one is going on the website...

Another in my "Wicked" series of razors...
    13/16 Frederick Reynolds Faux Frameback

fr 3.jpg

Link to my website in my sig as always...