Are any triple milled artisan soaps?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Fly2High, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

just out of curiosity, I would like to know if there are any triple milled artisan soaps?

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Klar's Seifen from Germany.

wristwatchb, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Artisan as in small batch? Most of the "I make it in my kitchen" soaps are not triple milled to my understanding. "Milling" is pressing and removes moisture from the soap?
    If you are seeking a very hard, lasts a long time soap, Klar's qualifies. German made for 170 years & quintuple milled if I recall. I picked up a tub of Mandel - Almond scented. There are several other scents available. Comes in a small aluminum screw top tub for around thirty bucks. Top rated with a history and reputation. Like all shave products, YOMV.
    Klar Mandel Almond.gif

wristwatchb, PLANofMAN, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

What about the Pre De Provence No. 63 is still a triple milled artisan soap made in France and it smell FANTASTIC!!
    [​IMG]

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My favorite soap, and mine was made during the cold war. Still an excellent soap and yes, it is quintuple milled.

6. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Yes, Pre de Provence is another good multi-milled artisan soap. I think the multiple milling of soaps is a European thing. I believe Gold Dachs is another small company that triple mills its soap, and, of course, the English DR Harris hard shaving soaps are triple milled.

Offhand, I can't think of a single American artisan soapmaker that mills its soap. As I said, it seems to be more a European thing.

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Green Mountain is the only triple milled "artisan" soap I know of, but I tried some a while back and could not get a stable lather no matter what I did. And I tried many many times to make it work, with multiple variables. Others love this soap, but I cannot recommend it.

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I love the 63!

GatorJoe, Frijolero and Screwtape like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I believe that KK's Clone, Dusy Kabinett, is also TM.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I believe saponificio varesino would qualify as an artisan. It is triple milled as well.

PLANofMAN, Ksblazer and Frijolero like this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Fine Accoutrements and RazoRock's "What The Puck" line are both triple milled.

chevyguy, Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Really nice soap and choice.

GatorJoe and Frijolero like this.
  13. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I have Fine's Lavender soap, and can verify it's a hard, long-lasting soap.

GREAT performance from it, too. It's on tap for tomorrow's shave.

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

When Stirling first started out and Rod was selling pucks only (pre-poured days), where those pucks milled?

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think I'm going to be getting that "What The Puck"as part of a PIF package soon. Would be my second Razorock.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just tried the latter this morning....I think I'm going to really like this one. Great brush glide across my face and neck.

Linuxguile likes this.
  17. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Aren't the razorock what the puck soaps triple milled?

18. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

This is my favorite milled soap. I love the scent. I think Cade is also milled.