Are There Any Shaving Soaps You Could Use Everyday?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weishi Warrior, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Dr.Wybert

Dr.Wybert Member

for me it is the prorazo soaps, I am using the green tub now, just the regular stuff.
    However the one for sensitive skin, that would be the white tub also seem to close small nicks.
    It's the first soap i got serious with, and if you use blades that do not line up with your razor perfectly,
    you juSt dont seem to get that much razorburn.
    So I use that one on unknown blades and new razors i haven't tried yet.
    btw thanks for opening this post, its nice to use as a guide for trying other soaps!

2. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Mama Bears Awakening SS
    Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick
    MWF SS

These all work great for me and I could use any of them daily. That would make shaving boring though.

Clayton

tuxxdk likes this.
  3. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

1. PannaCrema
    2. Tabac
    3. Proraso (in all variations)

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

As of right now the only soap I'm using and "LOVING" is Arko in puck form....I.M.O. especially for the price,it's a must try soap!! :shaver

tuxxdk likes this.
  5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Soap? MWF, easily. It's the one soap I'd stock up on repeatedly just in case the worst happens and they go under (Which I doubt) also nice and affordable now from online retailers in North America.

I still have some left from a 2 year old puck!

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

A two year old puck? Mine only last like 10 months! :(

7. Neolithium

I went crazy with the British shaving creams for a while so it basically sat alone and crying in a corner for a few months too; hasn't been continuous use. The only other soap I think I could (If it became affordable shipping or available from a Canadian distributor) use that much would be MdC.

8. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Now that I'm working again, we should do a combined order of MdC sometime. That way we'd save on shipping.

9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Wilkinson Sword NEW.

Grated into a bowl I could use it everyday. Light on scent and rich on lanolin. Great product for a bargain.

10. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

I'm particularly fond of MWF, and use it quite often. Past that, probably TGQ Cavendish Black. I love the smell of that one.

11. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

TOBS St James. ( but why would you only want to only use 1?)

12. Neolithium

Adding Haslingers to my list. Tried some when I got home to shave my head (Which was overdue) and HOLY COW. Love it. Instant favourite. They're small pucks but will easily last quite a while, and I don't think $10 for a 60g puck that doesn't fade away quickly is a very bad price. Mmmm Tallow-y goodness.

13. newb

newb Resident Newb

Everyday soap for me has to be Cella. 2nd would be Palmolive. 3rd The Shave den Lanolin. And finally ARKO. All I could use on a daily basis with out any problems.

tuxxdk likes this.
  14. galhatz

galhatz Member

If i had to use just one soap daily, it would have to have mild to no scent. Haslinger Sheep Milk fits that description and the lather it creates is superb.

tuxxdk likes this.
  15. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

You make a hard case but out of the soaps I own. I really enjoy Williams- noted when I do get a good lather, takes practice with that soap as everyone knows! Then of course Arko. I also have a Palm Olive stick and La Toja stick I enjoy.

tuxxdk likes this.
  16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My wife speaks perfect Castillian Spanish because my in-laws come from the city of Tangiers in Morocco, where Spanish is spoken along with French.

17. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

These are the ones I believe I could use everyday:

- Tabac
    - MdC
    - MWF
    - Valobra Stick

However, I'm pretty sure next week my answer would be somewhat different. :cool:

Regards.

Tdmsu likes this.
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I could use Tabac everyday, and I pretty much do that lately.

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Williams...

tuxxdk likes this.
  20. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Saint Charles Shave
    Mystic Water
    Honeybee Spa
    Williams
    Martin de Candre