Bacon Cakes

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by stingraysrock, Sep 20, 2010.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Looks like I know whats for breakfast Saturday! What a simple and incredible idea mmm maybe add another piece of bacon when you flip the pancake and make it some sort of pancake baconwich. :eek:

2. kurtb2080

kurtb2080 New Member

I gained a pound just looking at this thread...but lost the weight from drooling on my keyboard..I MUST make this!

3. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I was thinking about these the other day. I may have to whip up a batch this weekend! :pot:

4. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

5. mincemo

mincemo Member

We ate two bacon explosions at work last year. We made sandwiches using two slices of texas toast, pepper jack cheese and a thick slice of bacon explosion. It was pretty amazing, and maybe slightly repulsive at the same time! None of us felt like moving for a few hours. It felt as though our hearts were struggling to pump the bacon grease!

6. Howard

Howard Active Member

MMMMM! Those look good! Maybe could use a bit of maple syrup for dipping.

7. Issac

Issac Member

This is brilliant, Trying this as soon as I get the chance. (and the groceries.)

8. bamabubba

bamabubba Member

Oh lord, heaven on a plate!

9. Howard

Howard Active Member

OK, it looks like they've pre-cooked the bacon and then poured pancake batter over it. Is that all there is to it?

10. Howard

Howard Active Member

I think they'd also taste really good with some of my freshly made maple syrup! This season was a bit of a bust due to the weird weather in New England and the yield was low but I'm hoping it will stretch into next year. Probably won't if I start making bacon cakes!

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yep, the bacon is precooked, and they turned out super yummy!

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Man...That looks too good....Just goes to show ya... some of the best things in life are the simple things....Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard...

13. senex

senex Member

We make a similar thing in Australia using Corn Beef instead of Bacon.

14. Babweiner

Babweiner Member

must...get...more...bacon!!! I wonder if I could talk them into making this for me at the chow hall while deployed.?.

15. Howard

Howard Active Member

Going to try this on New Year's Day. Boar's Head is my favorite bacon.

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:love029: YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIE :happy093:

17. Babweiner

Babweiner Member

That is pretty much it. I made them yesterday but instead of making long skinny pancakes, I broke the bacon in half and criss crossed it then poured the pancake batter over the top. I found it works best if a thin layer of batter is poured, then lay the bacon on top and apply more batter prior to flipping. They're pretty tasty though. I like mine with peanutbutter and syrup.

18. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

I know what I'm gonna be making for breakfast once I get out if the field for the family and PLT snacks

19. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

The best breakfast ever!!

20. vinthechin12

vinthechin12 Active Member

Forget bacon cakes... Now bacon lather is the stuff.
    image.jpg