Barbon creme and aftershave

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by DentonMajik, Dec 7, 2014.

1. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Not a bad price on this stuff. Anyone have any reviews with these products?

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I must admit I've never even heard of the brand before.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the aftershave, it ok.

Yehuda D and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'll do a review when I get my order from Shaveabuck. Should come through just about any week now...

MR41, Yehuda D and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I have the aftershave. It is pleasant and mossy/herbal...kinda medium on the menthol. Not a overly strong or particularly potent/long lasting formula. It's in my rotation.

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I really like the aftershave. The cream isn't bad, but it's not my favorite.

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I'm also curious to try proraso green aftershave. Is this the same scent as the shave cream?

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I love the cream, I use it regularly. The aftershave feels great going on, but the smell is nothing to write home about. Too me it smells like medicine. If you do like Barbon cream you will probably like Figaro. They are made by the same company.

Yehuda D, Mr. Shaverman and Bobcat like this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Barbon cream is unique in the sense that to me, it has a very numbing effect on the skin. If you were to cut yourself or have a rough shave this cream seems to act as a sort of anesthesia. I don't know anything else cream or soap-wise that has that effect.

Yehuda D, DentonMajik and Bobcat like this.
  11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I have and use both. Neither is my favorite but both are the in rotation. They're both nice products of the Euro drugstore variety.

Yehuda D, crackstar and Bobcat like this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I owe the Barbon cream a spin so I'll take it out on Sunday. I wish I had the aftershave again but I don't know of Canadian suppliers.

Yehuda D and Bobcat like this.
  13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This Friday I'll use this wonderful cream.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Bobcat like this.
  14. Yehuda D

I also wanted to say that the Barbon aftershave (to me) smells great and I love the cooling sensation. A guy from the Gut Rasiert forum said to me that the cream is a lot like Musgo Real but I really don't think so.

Bobcat likes this.
  15. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I have both.The cream is easy to use and the foam is stable and the skin care is good
    The after shave I really like,suppose to be herbal and mossy.But I get a definite bit of eucalyptus it is refreshing and settles down in an hour or so but never completely fades away.

I also have the Figaro that another poster mentioned.That one is a real oddball.Clear and medicinal smelling and not in a good way.I actually became slightly queasy the first time I tried it.Kind of a super strong witch hazel scent with some other unidentifiable notes.I will probably order some more of the Barbon and let the Figaro move to the back of the cabinet.

Yehuda D and Bobcat like this.
  16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I used my Barbon cream this week too. My 3rd tube. Thanks to Yehuda for exposing me to it. Still available on the "Bay".

[​IMG]

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. Yehuda D

I wasn't too crazy about the Figaro either. I prefer Barbon any time.

Bobcat likes this.
  18. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention.Barbon aftershave pairs well with Osage hair tonic on those warm days

Bobcat and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Yehuda D

I think the Barbon aftershave is a pleasure to use!

Bobcat likes this.