Barrister and Mann new releases

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Straight razor dandy, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It is somewhat similar to passiflora but with less "green" in it. More fruit/sweetness and less vetiver/moss

ob1page and Drygulch like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

how did this happen...too many buyers for it?

3. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Limited production run

ob1page likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

That is the cult following of B&M soaps. There is no time to decide if you might like it or not, you just have to order. People bank on the fact that you will always be able to sell it used if you don't like it.

ob1page and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I liked the scent, but I treated it more like a standard B&M soap, (White Label or Glissant base) and added too much water to it yesterday. The slickness was still there, but the cushion was a lot less, and the scent vanished. Going to try it again with a lot less water tomorrow.

Hodge and ob1page like this.
  6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

In case anyone is wondering, the Pre-Order for B&M's 42 soaps is open now.

Straight razor dandy and ob1page like this.
  7. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm on the fence on this, not too sure I'd like the scent

8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I bought it last year. I was on the fence too, and when I finally pulled the trigger I was a little unsure after giving it an initial sniff. I gave it a couple of shots and of course the performance is outstanding, and I've found that the scent has really grown on me. I'm not sure I would want the aftershave or cologne, but the soap is pleasant and is mostly dissipated by the time I'm ready to apply a splash of something.

9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I got the soap last year, I like the scent, and was looking forward to getting the splash this year. If you like a light floral scent you will like it. Also ordered a towel, because you have to know where your towel is.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  10. cmorris357

I picked up 2 towels, because if you don't know where your towel is you should at least know where your backup towel is.

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Just preordered the set, including the edt. The towel wasnt available from the Canadian retailer though:angry017:

12. Straight razor dandy

He has the 42 soap, Aftershave, EDT, and towels. These towels always sell out fast, lol.

13. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Can anyone tell me about 42 and Rhapsody scents?

I hear 42 is mostly lemon? True or is it more complex than a strong lemon scent?

Also is Rhapsody very floral?

Would it be better to skip Rhapsody and just go to Adagio? What is Adagio like?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    crackstar likes this.
  14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have my eyes on Adagio when it comes back.

ob1page likes this.
  15. cmorris357

To my uneducated nose 42 is not a strong lemon scent. There is a citrus background but the main impression I get is floral, supposedly petunia, but I didn't think petunias had much of a scent. A little earthy, I guess from the ambergris, and as I said a hint of citrus. I don't really pick up the tea scent, but as stated before I'm not the best at identifying and describing scents. My first impression was a little mixed, but the scent has really grown on me.

16. Straight razor dandy

42 is very popular and incredibly complex. I'm a fan. I pre-ordered the EDT and towel, but I already own the soap and Aftershave.