Basil scented soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by shavedweiss, Dec 9, 2017.

1. shavedweiss

shavedweiss Well-Known Member

I know this might sound crazy but does anyone know of a soap/cream that has a Basil scent to it? My wife loves the smell of basil and thinks it is very masculine. This is not a joke. Please let me know if you know of any. Thanks!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

shavedweiss likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

bar soap - Mrs. Meyers basil

shave soap/cream - I haven't seen a basil only but I really like Musgo Real Lime Basil. Most of the time I see basil in a shave soap/cream it's paired with something else and often a citrus scent

Yehuda D and shavedweiss like this.
  4. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Beware, though, as you often won't find the same scent from a basil scented smelly stuff as you do when smelling the usual herb you keep in your kitchen. In my experience, anyway.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

One other I know of is Supply Provision's Lost Provence Ultra Shave Cream (which is actually a spreadable croap delivered in a glass jar). It is a mix of herbal lavender, blue sage, and basil. I am not the greatest on scents so I can't really tell you how much the basil stands out in it individually, but I like the mixture - -- I have it as shave cream, balm and shower body wash.

Yehuda D and shavedweiss like this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I know Tiki makes a Mango Cilantro soap called Spice Islands. The scent is a nice mix of the 2 notes, although not a basil scent but is herbal.

Another option is Sapone De Paolo, I believe it is lime basil.

Yehuda D likes this.
  7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I think Musgo Real has a basil scent.

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I saw a video today the wickams magnum is lemon and basil

MR41 likes this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There's a really nice South African soap I have called Green Fields. It has a lovely peppermint and basil scent. It's from River Valley Trading in Durban.