Bathing with Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by NoobShaver, Jun 9, 2017.

1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

So I had a sliver left over from a puck of Colgate. It wasn't enough to shave with, and I didn't want to throw it away. I bathed with it and found it makes a really great bath soap.

Colgate pucks are a bit hard to come by, so I don't plan on repeating the experience. Makes me wonder if Williams, VDH, and other cost-efficient shave soaps would make good bath soap. Anyone try this?

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have used pucks of shave soaps that I didn't care for in the shower. However, I wouldn't use my vintage pucks of Williams or AOS.

RyX, Bama Samurai and Keithmax like this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Williams makes a pretty swell bath soap.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Agreed. I wouldn't use up my Colgate stock either. I've been thinking I might buy a sleeve of Marvy Shave Soaps. If they don't work well for shaving, then there's always the shower...

Keithmax likes this.
  5. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I'm a horrible tightwad, so I take all the soap, shampoo, lotion, etc. from motel rooms I stay in, and use them at home. Well, I was down to a sliver of the last bar I could find (what the devil did I do with my stash?) and thought..."I have 22 pucks of Williams"...but no, I found a small bottle of motel body wash and used it instead.

EnglishChannel and SharptoothC like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is considered Williams abuse. There are laws and such.... Or should be anyway!!

7. SharptoothC

If it works in a pinch, and it's good enough for my face, then by God it's good enough for my other bits too...and don't worry, it was a new puck. Not a vintage.

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I propose an exemption. If a man goes full-on Williams as his only soap... GAWD is OK with that. As long as it straight, no cut, no chaser.

RyX likes this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

See below....

I do agree with the red neck from CO. THAT would be ok..

RyX and SharptoothC like this.
  10. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Bathing with shave soap - NO
    Shaving with bath soap - YES

:bath:

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Now THAT is a fish of a different color. Some of the glycerin soaps work pretty good.

EnglishChannel and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

They work pretty well. My experience has been that tallow soaps aren't as slick on the body, however....which is strange because they tend to be slicker for shaving.

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Basically from recipes I've seen online, the only difference between glycerin bath soap and shave soap is the addition of something like bentonite clay.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    EnglishChannel likes this.
  14. SharptoothC

I stand by my assessment. If I can shave AND bathe effectively with something, it doesn't demean the product. It increases its value.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sounds legit.

:prrr: Blah......:rolleyes:

SharptoothC likes this.