Beluga where are you

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by billdog2, Jun 8, 2015.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Is there a rumor afoot about Beluga shave redesigning their razor to use half blades? The way it is now makes no sense with that frog looking thing sticking up your nose. I think cutting that back would be an improvement.
    The thing looks pretty modern and then they stuck a big brass screw on it, which is like putting a 1940 Buick hood ornament on a new BMW. I`m really interested in something that pivots because of my tremors.
    If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know, thank you in advance.

2. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I've had the very same thoughts as you. I'd like to see a smaller head utilizing half a blade and some sort of snap close system to get rid of the archaic screw.

3. billdog2

I was watching some videos of beluga shaving techniques, when a video became available with Zac Wertz displaying a redesigned razor using half a blade.
    I have looked everywhere and I cannot find that video again. But then I`m 79 ( computer stupid) so I`ll have to get one of my grand kids to find it for me.
    I have essential tremors, so I need something that will pivot. The medicine I`m taking for it helps a lot but not foolproof. I have an injector with a pivot head but compared to de blades, they aren`t as sharp and cost way more. Happy shaving and God bless.

P.S. The video was named "update4"

4. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I'll see what I can find on it. I'll keep you up to date.

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

This is the official update thread of Beluga on Kickstarter and have quite some information in it:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...arber-quality-shaveminus-the-b?ref=nav_search

This is their latest update, from May 23rd:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...barber-quality-shaveminus-the-b/posts/1241021

Here is the Update 4 video:

6. billdog2

Thank you so very much for the video I`ve been looking for. Got a better look this time (the other one I watched somehow just disappeared) again , thank you.