Best injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ob1page, Feb 11, 2017.

1. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

2. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: Supply Provision Custom 2 dot head
    Blade: Chick
    Brush: RazoRock Tri-color
    Soap: Mason Boutique Moroccan Sunset
    Post Care: Thayers Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub
    Alum
    Aftershave: Uncle Jon's Silk Road

A couple of firsts today, the razor and the soap. First, the razor. This is a fantastic razor, it's heavy, very well made, heavy, nice selection of heads, heavy, stainless steel...did I mention it's heavy? I love the weight of this razor, I just let gravity do all the work. The head is small enough to get into tight spaces around my nose, the shave angle is easy to find and it's very audible, a feature I really like. My only complaint is the handle is slightly slippery when wet but it's minor. I'm very happy I splurged on this razor.

The soap. This is my first try of the Mason Boutique brand and I was impressed. The scent off the puck was fantastic; amber, cinnamon, a little citrus with lots of spice notes. Upon lathering the scents intensified on the first pass. At the second pass something weird happened. All the spice notes went away and it smelled exactly like Arko. Now I don't mind Arko but that's quite a switch. The performance of the soap made me forget the scent however; very slick, nice cushion, easy lather. This is a top shelf performer. I splashed on some Uncle Jon's Silk Road and I'm ready for the day. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  3. ob1page

Has anyone tried the Supply Provision blades? I got 3 injectors when I bought the razor but I'm curious how they stack up to the Chick

Karl G, Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Meh. They are just Personnas. I personally can't stand them because of the cheap plastic housing, and how tough they can be to load sometimes. I have been trying to use them up (several packs) in the Supply, and they work fine.

Overall, I get closer shaves with the Chicks, but for the price, and how well they work in the Supply, I would may e even buy more of them.

5. ob1page

Thank you

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.