Best Shave Yet With a Lord L6?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by mark_s, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

All other things being equal, today's shave with the new L6 was perhaps better than any. More than anything else, it felt ultra comfortable against my skin. I picked it up with no real expectations, and honestly, I really thought I was going to go after heavier razors with a larger diameter handle. I have to say though, the Lord L6 feels like shaving precision. Strange. Maybe it's just a fluke.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

The L6 and the Lord smart (same head) are great razors. I don't like the light weight handle. But pairs with a heavier handle and a good blade they are excellent

CyanideMetal and mark_s like this.
  3. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

I just found a Lord Smart for $9.75 (after currency conversion) w/free shipping from a UK seller on eBay. I bought it. :)

4. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

When I use mine......I attach an Ikon Bulldog handle. This is the razor I bought my sons to start their shaving careers. They have never used a cartridge razor.!

mark_s likes this.
  5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

ikon extended tech is what is usually on my L6

madmedic likes this.
  6. newb

newb Resident Newb

It's no Fluke that the L6 delivered a great shave. I use one consistently in my rotation and I can always count on the Lord to deliver.

mark_s likes this.
  7. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I've only been at this about 2 1/2 months. My first razor was a Lord L6, and it convinced me that wet shaving was for me! I have now collected 17 razors (I know, I have it bad...) and though I love my vintage Gillette adjustables and the EJ 89 is good - nothing yet has really provided a better, more comfortable shave than that cheap little Egyptian Lord...

mark_s likes this.
  8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

For the money its a great razor, the only thing I worry about is the threads on the handle; however it does fit on Parker handles quite nicely.

9. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

That's both awesome and just a bit annoying to me. I mean, here I am thinking the quest for excellence in a razor will lead me down the path to a gleaming piece of precision artwork and design. A razor that I might even want to use in conjunction with some sort of ceremonious unveiling. One that I might feel it necessary to wear gloves when taking it from it's place in the collection. And, I expected . . . no, actually hoped that I wouldn't discover it too quickly. But no! This little L6 comes along, and it turns out to be the Glock of the razor world. It may not be the prettiest, but it gets the job done well. Having found such an excellent razor, one thing's certain: I'm not stopping. Finding what I thought was the best hasn't stopped my pursuit of "even better" in any other hobby. So, the mission continues. What will de-throne the L6?

Turk and Slipperyjoe like this.
  10. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

Yes. The threads are definitely the only weak spot. Thanks for the tip on the Parker handles. Other folks have mentioned the use of the Ikon handles on the Lord head as well. That opens the door to a lot of possibilities. :)

Sodapopjones likes this.
  11. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:love029:

I have a great love for the L6...

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Not just parker and iKon handles.. I pack one in my travel kit with a ball end tech handle. All the vintage gillette handles will work with the L6. About the only handles that I have that won't fit are Muhle Pinsel, fatip, Weber, and Merkur handles.

13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

This thread made me buy an L6 today, $11.95 on eBay, free shipping. And I thought I had gotten over my razor buying addiction.

Slipperyjoe and mark_s like this.
  14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Perhaps a BRW Bull Mastiff Handle is called for here???

CyanideMetal likes this.
  15. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:eek:

Sacrilege! At least for me anyway ... ;)

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

that will work too! I am pretty sure I have run that combo as well.

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

For the record, I am not chucking my L6 in my PIF. I had 3 of them (technically 2 L6 and a Lord Smart) One will stay in my travel kit. One will stay in my rotation. The other is going to PIF a new L6 believer.

18. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

I'm glad to have had some small part in this. :)

19. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I bought a L6 just for travelling awhile back and found it to be fine razor. I have not been using for travelling lately, but I'm sure I'll go back soon.

20. ateace

ateace Member

I put the Lord head on a Parker 94R handle and use it for an HD-like shave on the road.
    Very nice Frankenrazor

mark_s likes this.