Best Tallow-Based Soap\Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by idan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Stirling
    Tabac
    MWF
    Cella
    Arko
    B&M

There are probably lots more, but those six are way more than enough.

2. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Back in the early 2000's DR Harris was one of the popular soaps on the early shaving forums. Back then we didn't have too many vendors stateside and it was sometimes hard to get shaving products out of Europe.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

3. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I only have a few months experience but Mike's natural and Stirling have been great for my face. After listening to opinions here on TSD I just ordered some grooming department and really want to try some wholly kaw as well.

4. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Barrister and Mann and Haslinger old formula

5. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

+1 your experience mirrors mine.

6. Shadow Shaver

Has anyone used Chisled face? I'd like to know how it performs, especially post shave.

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i use chiseled face ghost town barber, awesome stuff.slick and great face feel for me.

Paul Turner and Shadow Shaver like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

b and m,stirling ,jeeves are some of my favorites

jtspartan likes this.
  9. Shadow Shaver

I just ordered Chisled Face zoologist panda and nightingale. Can't wait to shave with them.

jtspartan likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think it does quite well. I currently have the soap and A.S.from its Ghost Town Barber. I'm not the best at describing performance but it provides for me a nice clean fresh feel. This is my second go-round with them, as I had Sherlock and Midnight Stag about a year ago, but it was hard for me to appreciate the fragrances, as I used them in the summertime. But that's just me. I like CF and will order another one in the future.
    '

jtspartan likes this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

For price and consistently slick lather, Arko rocks. I grate mine, let it air out, to dissipate the scent, then add whatever scent I like. I have many of the popular ones listed on this thread, but 95% of my shaves end up with Arko

Linuxguile likes this.