Bevel razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Birdie, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

Has anyone heard of Bevel razor. I was at Target the other day and seen a set from Bevel. Didn’t seem bad looking at all. Came with the razor, badger brush, preshave, shave cream, after shave, and blades. 45 bucks I don’t see how I could wrong with the purchase like that.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Are you familiar with the expression, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is"?

I've never heard of Bevel, and there is probably good reason.

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Bevel is a DE like any other that is marketed as a “bump fighter”. I have read good things about the razor, and not so good about the rest.

4. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

That’s why i say it’s not a bad price

5. PickledNorthern

If I were trying out new and different DEs, I wouldn’t shy away.

6. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Please don't misunderstand, but from what I have read, it is marketed as a razor and software package that was marketed as a subscription service for men of color who don't use razors because of razor bumps and other irritating factors of traditional and mainstream shaving.
    A lot of men do not shave in the usual sense because of reactions with traditional, and modern hardware and software. Many men instead use hair removal products. Creams and pastes that chemically remove their facial hair. The Bevel system is supposed to prevent razor bumps, and not cause irritations for people.
    Whether it works or not I have no idea. You will have to determine that yourself. However I do think the razor is pretty cool looking. And I'm told the blade tangs do not stick out on the sides on these razors.

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

After reading up on it some, on the "Bevel system" it does as a whole as a whole seem kind of pricey to me. While I like the "Bump Fighter" cart razor and how it works. It you want to try a "Bump Fighter" type of razor why not get a "bump fighter" cartridge razor that comes with a couple of single blade carts at the grocery or drug store for much less money and with nothing to join. I have a "Bump Fighter" handle and it's well made, sturdy and will take Trac ll carts as well as bump fighter carts.
    I don't like anything that forces me join into a repeating "system" to work. While I think the "Bump Fighter" theory and technology is sound, the system part of the "Bevel razor" sounds very scamish to me. Just saying.. :) Good technique, a good DE razor combined with a good soap has eliminated all of my ingrown and irritation problems.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

I think from the standpoint of a wet shaver, the idea would be to forget the marketing, and look at the razor. The marketing isn’t aimed at an experienced wet shaver anyway. Toss that out, and you simply have a DE razor. Then all you need to decide is if it’s worth the $45.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've know of the Bevel razor, never tried.

10. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

From what Ive read about the Bevel, its supposed to cut the hair above the skin to prevent bumps from ingrown hairs. For that reasons, I doubt most people who are used to traditional DE razors would be happy with it. If Im going to use a razor that cuts the hair to a level just above the skin, why wouldnt I just use a cheap, single blade disposable or a Norcelco One Blade?

11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Am I missing something or is that statement about the Bevel applicable to any single-blade razor? It seems like you have to either cut the whisker above the skin level, at the skin level, or below the skin level. Above seems normal while at level risks derma planing (i.e., scraping skin). Below seems like the old Trac II advertisement where the first blade stretches the hair and the second whacks it off before it can snap back.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  12. PickledNorthern

It is simply a DE razor with a marketing campaign that was based almost entirely at a demographic who suffers ingrown with cart.

No more, no less.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  13. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I'd agree that it's mostly marketing. It seems like there's a growing trend in mainstream shaving in not getting a close shave to avoid irritation. I've seen quite a few YouTube videos of experts professing never shaving with a blade, instead only using Clippers or an electric shaver. I've also seen quite a few where people preach never shaving against the grain and just accepting not getting to BBS.

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It is just a DE razor. It looks feminine to me. I would prefer a Gillette tech and get as good a shave.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yeah, gotta agree on it's being another gimmick. Kinda looks cheap with the thin handle, and the head is no different than some others I've seen. But if you're still thinking about it, Amazon Prime, about $40.00, no tax and free shipping. Should save you $10.00 after paying taxes at Target.