Big Ben "Super Chrome"?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, Jun 20, 2014.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Some vendors are listing both purple and blue packs as Super Chrome instead of Super Stainless, as is listed on the packs (the ones I've seen, anyway). Does anyone know if there's anything to this Chrome descriptor, or just an error? It's Lord, so I guess it could potentially mean anything or nothing. Thanks.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have in front of me a brand new unopened pallet of Big Ben Purple blades. The side of the box reads "200 Super Stainless Blades." Now a sticker was put on the packages stating Chrome, but the blade physically says stainless and looks exactly like the Big Ben Blue blades. Upon opening the Purple 10 pack the individual wrapper says "Super Stainless Blades." Even the individual blade states "Super Stainless Blade." The opened blade looks exactly like the Big Ben Blue blades. I think it would be safe to say that these are the same as the Big Ben Blue blades.

RaZorBurn123 and gorgo2 like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That answers that.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I bought a pack of both several months ago (still haven't opened either one) thinking they were different but then read somewhere that the color denoted the quantity - blues are 5 packs and purples are 10 packs. Can't remember where I read it.

GDCarrington and gorgo2 like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep, up until tonight and the odd Chrome descriptions, that's all I've ever heard the colors mean.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is correct. Blue color for 5 packs and Purple color for 10 packs.