Biggest Surprise

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fakemoez, Mar 23, 2015.

1. fakemoez

fakemoez Member

What's your biggest surprise after getting into wet shaving? For me, it was the importance of shaving with/against the grain. I never got direction on that from my dad, who can shave with a dull credit card.

2. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

YMMV...to be honest that and feather blades (which falls into the YMMV), barnone the best blades I have used.

fakemoez and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

How much I love Rose scented lather haha

Troy M and PatrickA51 like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I was looking for something in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. I found a padded envelope. SWMbO picked it looked inside and asked when or where did I get it. She also said that she liked the scent of the shaving soap . I did a test lather with the worst shaving brush I own(I wouldn't wish that brush on my worst enemy, up to and including my Ex-Wife :angry032::angry019:) it's a puck of Klar Kabinett, All I can say is WOW :happy088::happy093::shocked003: It will go into my rotation ASAP!

SDK, Ceferguson, Troy M and 2 others like this.
  5. Omelmad

My friend Kerry sent me 2 chunks of klar kabinett with some other things. It got lost for a while in customs. The thing I was most sad about was the KK, and there was some really nice goodies in the package =)

When I used it, I had a hard time putting it down for a few shaves. It was amazing. I wanna buy the dusy kabinett but I feel like I can't justify 500grams of soap right now hahahaha

SDK, RaZorBurn123 and PatrickA51 like this.
  6. PatrickA51

Being as I am in a self imposed sabbatical of buying anything I will wait until after my Birthday before I purchase some of the Dusy Kabinett.

RaZorBurn123 and Omelmad like this.
  7. Omelmad

I decided to go 6 months with no purchase. I have gotten gifts for my birthday though, so it has been easy for the first part =)

The thing is I have so much stuff. And the KK I have will last a loong time because of that, plus because it's a pretty hard soap

PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

the biggest surprise was the importance of proper prep. never much prep with carts (maybe why I hated to shave).

drjenkins, wristwatchb, SDK and 4 others like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Biggest surprise - my face stays smoother longer into the day than it did when using carts.

drjenkins, spacehobo, SDK and 7 others like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Biggest surprise would be the amount of shaving gear I have, I went from a can of goo and a cartridge to enough soaps/creams/razors/blades/brushes to last a lifetime.

11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

and fill two bathrooms.

drjenkins, SDK, Ceferguson and 3 others like this.
  12. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

That wet shaving did not save me money as it became a hobby. However, if you keep it in perspective as to what it is, just shaving, you will save money, enjoy shaving again and greatly improve your shaves.........................

drjenkins and Mustache like this.
  13. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

That I would actually look forward to shaving and that I would start shaving my head with a DE.

14. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I agree with @Troy M about looking forward to shaving. If I miss a day, I feel like I missed out on so much. I haven't graduated to head shaving, however. Doubt I will.

15. fakemoez

fakemoez Member

Yeah, I'm absolutely in love with Feather blades!

ObiDon likes this.
  16. fakemoez

fakemoez Member

Yes, that's very true. I've lost the ability to criticize my wife on how long it takes her to get ready now. :)

drjenkins likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My biggest surprise was that my husband & I consistently had the same likes & dislikes regarding blade brands.

SDK and Ceferguson like this.
  18. PatrickA51

:happy036: :happy096: :signs011:

Isn't that the truth......maybe enough to last until after the 2020 Presidential election. :shocked003:

drjenkins, SDK and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  19. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

My biggest surprise was that I could find a huge bottle of after shave (Pinaud, Masters, Superior 70) for less than $10 bucks and REALLY REALLY like the smell!

PatrickA51, ObiDon, SDK and 1 other person like this.
  20. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

The Biggest surprise for me was how many people love and enjoy this as a hobby. I had no idea this global shave community existed, to include forums like this one, and was so upset that I didn't start sooner. It still amazes me today.

PatrickA51, drjenkins, ObiDon and 3 others like this.
  21. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

That I would actually look forward to shaving. And that there are so many options.

PatrickA51, drjenkins and SDK like this.