Biggest Surprise

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fakemoez, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I never thought I would enjoy shaving and I never thought I could get a close shave until wet shaving. Use to I hated turtle neck sweaters and scarfs because even if I just shaved my neck would catch them now it is so smooth I can wear then most of the day until they start catching on my stubble.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

When I started this I didn't realize there would be SO MANY message boards and people doing the same thing. I was changing a daily routine, not adopting some new lifestyle lol. And also that I'd have so much stuff just to shave.

PatrickA51, drjenkins and SDK like this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

That I am not actually saving any money.

PatrickA51, drjenkins and SDK like this.
  4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

You did adopt a new lifestyle. Next you will catch yourself watching Roy Rogers and Dick Van Dyke.

PatrickA51 and SDK like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

You always have had stuff to shave.
    Your head, your eyebrows, your arms, your pits, your legs, your..., your...., your head... :p

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That I would become so enamored with straight razor shaving that I'd all but ignore or sell off the majority of my fine DE razors….

PatrickA51 and SDK like this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

No, I've paid a man to shoot me before that happens.

SDK likes this.
  8. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

How when I want to shower revolves around when I want to shave :).

9. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I had three big surprises:

1- Shaving went from a chore that I hated, to an incredibly enjoyable experience and hobby.

2- How truly supportive the online shaving community is.

3- That I would live to see the day that I am fighting my wife for bathroom counter space. I was actually just told that I need to set up some sort of shelf/den for my shave gear ASAP! I must have hit critical mass with the adjustable razor/Italian soap binge I just went on ;)

10. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Us too and it has been great for bulk purchases. The only blades I like that she does not are GSB's

11. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I concur with her.

SDK likes this.
  12. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Good. That's "two" less people trying to get thier hands on my GSB's ;)

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. Theomatic

Theomatic Member

I was quite surprised at how well cold water shaving works.

14. Paulthebaker

Paulthebaker Active Member

All of my choices, pre, cream or soap or croap, blade, razor, post, aftershave. The sheer number of combinations is mind boggling, and I look forward to it every morning.

drjenkins likes this.
  15. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

1) A Shave a Day keeps Stevie a happy boy.

2) I have more natural products than my girlfriend.

3) I've been upgraded from the small shelf to the big shelf.

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My biggest surprise was TSD itself. I had no idea there was such a vibrant community built around traditional shaving.

drjenkins and SDK like this.
  17. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have not yet started to shave with a straight razor, (I was taught how many years,too many that I want to admit too) I would use a Straight everyday if I did not have my hands going numb all the time. I look at some of these beautiful straight razors that are basically superlative works of art, more than a razor, and I start suffering from Extreme RAD/ Like Extreme Four x Four. I watch that on the boob tube and drool

Drool.jpg

18. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Member

How memories are evoked with the smells and how peaceful and connected it makes me feel

Glenn