billdog2

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by billdog2, Mar 25, 2015.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

For those who know the experimenting I`ve been doing with my shaky hand, trying to keep the blade on my face. I`ve been using a personna injector with floating head and a tungsten blade, the blade seems to get sharper with each pass, 15+ this morning. I think the pivot point on the razor may be a little too far from the blade edge.
    But I`ll keep working with it. I do 2 passes 1 wtg and 1 atg, then lather up and use an atra to clean up. The funny thing is I`ve been using that same razor with western family carts for years, only an occasionl nick, but now I`m slashing my face all around the mouth and chin. The tungsten blade is so smoothe it`s unbelievable, nary a nick. Does anybody know what`s going on, I`m baffled. Just about to try my Gillettes again.
    I have some persona carts coming soon for the atra, so that may make a difference (over the western family cheapies), wish me luck, I look like I`ve in a brawl with a couple of goons.

God Bless, billdog2

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Good fortune in your shave. The Personna Floating head was not a favorite of mine because the floating mechanism kept the blade too far away from the skin to be effective for me.

3. billdog2

Hi GD, I`m sorry I wasn`t more explicite, my reference to where the pivot point was located was a matter of control instead of cutting ability, my real concern is why I get blood on the cart instead of the tungsten which is doing most of the work and I have years of experience with the atra, with several
    brands. I changed to western family (cheapies) when Gillette went from 4.95 (10) to almost 16.00 overnight. Kinda ticked me off. Thank you for your concern. I have so many nicks right that I`ll have stop shaving until they all heal. Then back to my experimenting. Wish me luck and God Bless

billdog2

4. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I have trouble with any of the pivot head carts, I think they place the blades at too steep an angle for my beard and skin. No problem with the Trac II fixed head and I prefer the control they give me.

5. billdog2

Thanks for the comment subvet, I appreciate the thought, but my problem lies in essential tremors where I need to let the razor lie flat and control the angle as my hand has tendency to "jump" away from the surface of my face. When it comes back down, ouch! So I must find a way to keep a slight amount
    of pressure to maintain contact with the skin, thanks again for your concern.... God Bless

billdog2

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I tried the floating head on 12-25?-14 SOTD. I found it too mild to be useful. I found the amount of pressure required to "compress the shocks" and keep the blade on the skin was annoying and hard to control.

Beyond that, do you have another injector or razor option besides carts? I pray that you find calm, and that your tremors go still as you focus on your shave.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. billdog2

Hi all, you will not believe this, but here goes.... I decided to try my trusted Gillette standbys while my face healed, so rinsing my dentures off , I commenced to apply the adhesive, this gives me an idea of how much shake there is (none at all ), so I began with my adjustable... smooth as silk, both cheeks, came back across my chin AND CUT IT OFF (almost), just a little nervous "jerk", which seems to be what I are, anyway I have a really nice looking chin to display when my great granddaughter comes up on Sat. It will be our first look at her. Gee, God is always making new Angels for us to Love.
    In the way of a static injector I`m looking at one on Etsy where I have $ 15.oo coupon and some nice blades. Wish me luck and may God Bless you all.

billdog2

GDCarrington likes this.