Black dots on face after shaving.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by GeneralKinetics, Aug 31, 2014.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Even with a near perfect shave and BBS, i still see black dots in various places. When I use three fingers and circle, I don't feel any hair.

What does that mean? Is it a sign to go more aggressive?

I use either a
    1) triple-shimmed EJ89 with an ASTRA SP or GSB(trying them out)
    2) Razorock Jaws with an ASTRA SP.
    -Couple days worth of growth. I can't shave daily yet.

I just started using PFB Vanish a couple days ago as recommended my girlfriend's Esthetician.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sounds like you just have very dark whiskers showing through. If it feels smooth to the touch, trying to get any closer will only result in razor burn and/or ingrown hairs.

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Yep, I used to have that problem. The good news is when you get older and your beard turns gray, it'll be much less noticeable. :)

TSimons and GDCarrington like this.
  4. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Well, I just tried the Jaws in the shower with the new Nivea brush-lather shave cream from the 3.5oz tube with a round 3 Gillette Silver Blue(palm stropped 30 times on each blade after each shave, then a few times when I stand in the bathroom and look at all my shaving stuff and feel like stropping it a few more times lol) and it was a lot better. Very little irritation as I tried not to go too insane on 1 day growth.

It could just be that the EJ89 shim setup, is just not the best solution for me. As my face has been clearing up from using PFB Vanish, It seems alot easier to use my RR Jaws.