Black Ship Grooming Co.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Zykris, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just ran across the website for this company. I found their pirate themed shaving supplies a great idea! Has anyone had experience with their products and what's your take on the quality? Thanks!

silvertip63 likes this.
  2. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

I have. Some I like and some I don't. :)

Here are my notes from the samples I tried. Please keep in mind that your experience may be (a)vast-ly different than mine. :p

Captain's Pipe: Great lather. Pretty strong scent that starts out with pipe tobacco, but ends smelling like urine (weird). Very comfortable.
    Barnacle Bob: Great lather. Scent of cucumber; just Ok. Not too bad, but not my favorite.
    Two Bits: Thin lather. Not much scent to speak of. Razor cap doesn't glide.
    Ghost Ship: Good lather and comfort. Scent is orange with jasmine; interesting, but not compelling.

Zykris likes this.
  3. silvertip63

silvertip63 Member

I have the Thomas Tews and I love it. It smells a fresh fruit in tub and begins with a light fruit scent on the face which finished with a musk fragrance. For me, face lathering with my Simpsons ST us quick and produces a thick cream, that provides a very smooth shave.

Of course YMMV

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zykris likes this.
  4. mpontiff

mpontiff New Member

Soft soap, close in consistency of Dr. Jon's V1 soaps and produces a good lather that hits the highlights. I've tried only the one splash, Ghost Ship, but found it excellent - it left my skin feeling soft and the scent lasted around 8 hours for me.

silvertip63 and Zykris like this.
  5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Sounds like an average to good soap. I'm feeling pretty positive about making a purchase from them soon. I've got a few that caught my eye.

Terry Williams and silvertip63 like this.