Blade disposal

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigCabDaddy, Dec 22, 2015.

  1. BigCabDaddy

    BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

    I'm collecting used blades in one of those little used blade piggy bank things. But then what? Does the whole thing get thrown out once it's full?
     
    Robyflexx likes this.
  2. gorgo2

    gorgo2 geezerhood

    What's the bank made of? If steel, chuck it all in the recycle or bury it in the corner of the yard.
     
    BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  3. swarden43

    swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

    Think about this - Are you really going to try and get all the blades out so you can re-use it? :p
    (then again, I am assuming it only has a slot to put blades in, not a way to get 'em out):ashamed001:
     
    BigCabDaddy likes this.
  4. Robyflexx

    Robyflexx Broke the Like button

    I've been using my empty altoids containers which are metal with a very secure lid then recycled. Pics below:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  5. Misphit

    Misphit Spoken-for "member"

    +1 but I tape mine and label it SHARPS in case someone finds it and tries to open it
     
  6. BigCabDaddy

    BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

    Steel, yes. I'd always bought blades in the containers that had their own slot for retired blades. When done with a pack, I'd just trash it. It was only on checking in here that I started thinking there might be something else I should be doing with my used blades.
     
    Robyflexx likes this.
  7. BigCabDaddy

    BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

    I'm not THAT crazy SW. Lol What I'm using is by Feather I think and is shaped like a little old style barn. The bottom comes off quite readily so I could easily take the used blades out. But that's not really what I was meaning. I meant what to do with the entire container. :)
     
    swarden43 and Robyflexx like this.
  8. BigCabDaddy

    BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

    OK, so you just put them in with the recycling. I can do that. Only remembering to take the bin to the curb every other week gets tricky. Lol
     
    Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Omaney

    Omaney Well-Known Member

    I use Feathers nearly 80% of the time. Their packaging has blade disposal built in. The other 20% will fit too.
     
  10. Robyflexx

    Robyflexx Broke the Like button

    I see your delimma, in my area recycling is ounce a week.
     
    BigCabDaddy likes this.
  11. Ahh Oui

    Ahh Oui Well-Known Member

    I've taken to using glass spice containers. Recyclable and obvious what's inside.
    Though, I'm totally snagging that small Altoids tin idea![​IMG]
     
  12. Robyflexx

    Robyflexx Broke the Like button

    I love altoids but because the container is very cool it doesn't bother me to keep it around and it does snap shut tightly. :)
     
    BigCabDaddy and Ahh Oui like this.
  13. Jayaruh

    Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

    Supporting Vendor
    Mine started out as a hand cream container.
    blade_bank4.jpg
     
  14. Robyflexx

    Robyflexx Broke the Like button

    Very cool Jayaruh. Finally Tossing Blades is fun again! :happy102:
     
  15. Jayaruh

    Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

    Supporting Vendor
    You said it, brother! :happy088:
     
    BigCabDaddy, Ahh Oui and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Misphit

    Misphit Spoken-for "member"

    You do realize you now have to post that blade bank template and have it made as a sticky for the rest of us to steal... um appropriate.
     
  17. BigCabDaddy

    BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

    LOL! I was thinking of buying the blanks, hand painting them and selling them for ridiculous amounts on Etsy.
     
    Dzia Dzia and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Robyflexx

    Robyflexx Broke the Like button

    Jayaruh should print them with his ™ and sell them for some extra coin! :happy088:
     
    BigCabDaddy likes this.
  19. Jayaruh

    Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

    Supporting Vendor
    Steal away...
    gillette_ad_2a.jpg USED_BLADES.jpg USED_BLADES2.jpg
     
  20. Robyflexx

    Robyflexx Broke the Like button

    BigCabDaddy, Dzia Dzia and Jayaruh like this.

Share This Page