Blade order

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by droberts0503, Jan 3, 2014.

1. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

I've got my DE razor (Lord L6) and am a couple of shaves in using the blade that came with it. I just got the shipping notification that my TSD blade sample pack shipped but I'm now wondering what the best order is to try the blades. Should I just randomly pick? Are there some obvious ones to try first and some to hold back on? Here's the list, any input into which to start out with would be welcome.

1.7 AM Hi Platinum
    2.Astra Superior Platinum
    3.Crystal
    4.Derby Extra
    5.Dorco Platinum
    6.Gillette 7 O Clock SharpEdge (Yellow)
    7.Personna "Lab" Blues
    8.Sharp Stainless
    9.Super-Max Platinum
    10.Treet DuraSharp
    11.Voskhod
    12.Wilkinson Sword Classic - White Label

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

What I've done was, kept a journal on my phones notes in regards to how well or poorly it worked for me. The only thing I did was saved the sharpest for last, i.e. Feather. Good luck. Happy shaving!

BigT likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

This 'em all into a paper bag, shake bag, close eyes, reach in and grab one.

Honestly order doesn't matter. Do keep a journal as razorburn said.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Keep the wrappings on before tossing the blades in the bag! 8-O

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have to agree. Just keep track of what you use & how you like them. Then choose the order with help from our friends Eenie, Meenie, Miney & Moe.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Alphabetically.

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You do not choose blade order; blade order choose you.

jeraldgordon and BigT like this.
  8. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Dont get rid of the ones you dont like just yet.
    As you add razors to your den and your tech. evolves, you will find some of the blades work quite well in other razors and the "good" ones that worked so well in your Lord stink in your new (insert brand)

macaronus likes this.
  9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

When I'm asked about which baldes to use, I tell folks to read the various forums and see what the majority of people like and then try those. The more people that like a particular blade increases the chances that they are right. It's not as subjective as soap or AS .

That's what I did and I've landed on Super Iridiums, Med. Preps (my favorite) and Voskhods without really trying a bunch of blades over the years.

macaronus likes this.