Blade vs. razor results vary...Interesting!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jason1977, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

I have noticed that I get more life out of a sharp - but not so sharp blade from my EJ than I do my merkur. I've come to the conclusion that Merkurs pretty much demand a sharp blade. The Edwin Jagger can "make things work". Got 2 shaves out of a shark blade w. the merkur before I needed to change it. SO far 3 shaves w. a shark blade in my EJ & BBS. I'm enjoying these little discoveries of results!!

2. yyyyup. Endless Combos to discover, I found my new favorite set up again last night with the Derby/FB combo. Couldn't use Derby's in anything else and was excited as heck when they gave me a perfect shave in the FB. Won't have to PIF them away after all! :happy108

3. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

YMMV...Feathers 1 use 4 pass..no seriously..they pull n pull on a 2nd use..:happy102

American Red Personna..1 4 pass use..they get discolored easily
    Nacet/Yellow G's I think work best for any of my 4 DE razors
    ST

4. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

Speaking of blades, I was just on amazon & I got 12 sticks of Arko with 100 derby blades FREE.....the cost was $13. Just throwing that out there.....there's a deal currently in stock....if ya need blades & you're an arko fan, it's there for the taking! I ordered 12 of the sticks, the Arko Regular Tube shave cream, the COOL scented, & COmmando.....I have no idea what commando smells like, but if I ever decide to go commando, I'm sure it'll smell great, LOL!!!! THese will be my first derby's & very first shave sticks.....new stuff to play with!!!

5. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

Damn thats a great deal!
    :happy102

ST