Breaking in period

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Titus13, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Titus13

Titus13 New Member

I was watching a you tube video on shaving with a safethy razor
    the person doing the video said that new safethy razors need a
    break in period if that is true after how many shaves?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Never heard of such a thing.

Are you sure he didn't say your face needed time to adjust to shaving with a DE?

If you could provide us with a link to the video that'd be great. You don't have enough posts for a live link, but most of us know how to copy and paste.

3. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

:sihns011

4. :eek: But it 's a razor with a diesel? Never heard of this, I'd be curious to see the video!

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've never heard anything like that, either.

6. Oldguy

Oldguy Member

Not true. There is nothing to break in. Please publish the link.

Len

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

From my limited experience, I can only see a razor needing a break in period if:

1. You are shaving on the porch
    2. While eating a turnip
    3. The moon is green

8. Oblio13

Oblio13 New Member

Well, the blade gap changes as the razor bar wears away, it just takes a while unless you have a Kryptonite beard like mine. :happy102

9. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

:sport036 Huh?

10. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Sounds like a mis-speak to me. New razors don't need a break in, new users definitely do though :D The razor is already designed to give perfect shaves and left to its own resources will do so every time. However, the variable comes in when you put it in a human being's hand. Maybe that person is an expert at safety razor shaving, or maybe they've never shaved with anything but a Mach 3. In either case, there's a learning curve (break in period, if you prefer) for the USER that has nothing much to do with the razor. But you know, a bad carpenter will always blame his tools.