buffing/polishing compound

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by Bjoerge Brathagen, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Bjoerge Brathagen

Bjoerge Brathagen Well-Known Member

20170307_132118_resized.jpg
    any one familier with this brand? bought it from a chinese seller. its bone dry and hard.impossible to ably on the buffer pad.seems like its old and dried out. am i wrong or are they ment to be like that?

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I don't have that brand compound, but mine melts when applied to the buffing wheel. The friction heats it up.

3. Bjoerge Brathagen

this turned to fine powder when i tried to apply. ordered diamond paste in 12 different grit.going to try that on one of my guinea pig razor.comes in syringes. dirt cheap from china.paid 6$ shipping inclusive. guess its dried also:happy097: was looking on the enkay you showed me,but quite steep shipping prises from U.S

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I would try a local hardware store. Those around here have buffing compounds galore.

5. Bjoerge Brathagen

have been around.i live in a small town in Norway,so there are much i have to get on-line because there is not to be found in any stores here. the only norwegian on-line store i found these type of compounds in is a juveler store.the prices is ridiculous.

Karl G, Billyfergie and Carbide Mike like this.
  6. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Some are like that. It's normal. @DaltonGang Had good advice. Try wetting pad, or bar.

7. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Cant Quite Make that Out..I Used Various Compounds for Restoring Classic Brit & Harley Bikes for Over 30 Years & Some of them are Kinda Hard Till You Run it on the Mop & it Sorta Melts..:)

Billy..:chores016:

8. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Some are made to be applied to wet wheels or pads. Melting it in works on some, but the chalky type can cut and polish depending on how much you apply. I assume it's for stainless steel ?.

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Bjoerge Brathagen

they can be used on both stainless and carbon steel. the gray is a cutting compound and the blue is polishing, tried to wet the wheel but the compound end as dust in the sink:eek: think i give up on this one

Carbide Mike, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    :rah:

Billy..:chores016:

Carbide Mike, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  11. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Sorry bout your sink. Hope it's stainless steel and got a good polish ! :)

12. Bjoerge Brathagen

:rofl:

Billyfergie likes this.