C&E Sweet Almond Oil Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Padron, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi,

I was hoping to pick up a puck or 2 of C&E Sweet Almond Oil Soap from all the C&E sales....looks like they no longer carry it :( I never even got to try it....

Has anyone seen it still in their local stores? My closest C&E is a ways away....anyone know what happened to it?

Thanks,
    Neale

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I thought they were still making the soap. :confused:

Sorry, I can't be of any help. No C&E stores close by me.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

LOL, thanks Fergie....I think I found a place that has some in stock. I have been wanting to try it for about 6 months, but hadn't gotten around to getting any..

I just looked today and couldn't find it on their site :confused: I guess it's going away too :rolleyes:

Thanks,
    Neale

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks JoAnna,

I think they still make the bathsoap as it's still on their site, the shaving soap isn't anymore......looks like it may be no longer offered. :(

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

They only sell the cream in the tube now i believe......

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yea....true. I want the Shaving soap :)

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Dear Neale,

Check with Santa! :D

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

My local stores carry the soap. Let me know if you want a couple of pucks.

Raf

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Thanks guys your the best :D, Steve was kind enough to help me out with a puck :D:D....But I may take you up Raf as this soap is pretty cheap and I really like the shaving cream of the same scent...

It's sad to see another product going away, this stuff already seems pretty hard to locate...:(

Thanks again!!

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

They keep denying it's going away but it looks like just what was left in the warehouses and sales channels. I don't know what the big deal is to let people know that products are being discontinued. Probably sell them faster too.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Rich,
    I spent a considerable time searching for it online last night, thought I found some at one location but they were sold out......last time I looked it was available at many places....now it's gone...

At least I'll get to try it, hope I don't like it too much :)

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Oh, you will...you will. [In Yoda's Voice]

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Dang, that's what I was afraid of..:(

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Now im intrigued....i have the cream.....am i missing out on the soap?

16. jfl

jfl New Member

I just purchased a puck last month. I was planning to avoid the malls between now and Christmas but I might get a spare puck. It's one or my favorite soaps.

Jim

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

There's a reason why I hoard these darn things. There are two things you'll hear from people complaint wise. 1) Scent. It doesn't smell like almonds like you'd smell on a sweet almond pastry. 2) Drying out on skin. OK, I'll admit it. This soap likes water. You can explode a lather with it, throw it on your face and when you shave off the lather you think your face dried out. Don't let it fool you. As soon as you put some water back on your face, you're fine. It will slick back up and I have found no need for a moisturizer/balm after. But, like all things, This IMHO and YMMV.

18. jfl

jfl New Member

Well, I braved the mall and got one spare puck. (No shortage here, they had a case of 12.) So now I have enough to last 'til 2010.
    Jim

19. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Bought a puck today. The store I was at had plenty of soap and cream.