Cadet Mongoose

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fishcrow, Jun 20, 2013.

1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I have had the Mongoose , for six months now. It has a overall length of four inches, it is very well balanced. When I have used it previously I was choking up on the long handle.

Personally I find the razor to be aggressive this is due in part to the heftiness of the razor. When I shaved choking up the handle the shaves were not smooth, tended to a bit uncomfortable.

This week I decided to see if there was a difference in the shave if I gripped the handle further down.
    The razor is very well balanced. The change was very significant in how the razor shaved. The lighter touch made a world of difference in the comfort level. The lighter touch and slight angle adjustment resulted in a closer shave.

The Mongoose has been tamed, with a slight adjustment. The next time I use my Super Adjustable, I will see if there is an improvement in the shaves by gripping it lower down the handle.

Personally traditional wet shaving is a journey. On this journey I'm continually making small adjustments to improve the daily shave. Being on this journey it is the best way to start the day with a great shave. For everyone continue to evolve your technique you might be surprised of the results.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I agree. I have just recently come to the same realization. With just a minor tweak in my lather, my shaves have dramatically improved.

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'll see your cadet mongoose and raise you .... a baby badger!

[​IMG]

/off topic

Ryan B, Lothar101 and jeraldgordon like this.
  4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

You call that off topic? Try this:

Lothar101 likes this.
  5. richgem

nooooooooooooooooooo

6. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

Good Lord, I think pics of cute baby badgers should be banned forever from this site! I'm much happier with the image in my head of them as ferocious, Tasmanian Devil-ish little monsters that we're doing the world a favor by turning them into expensive shaving brushes. . .

Lothar101 and Slipperyjoe like this.
  7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You could always use a boar brush.
    [​IMG]

Tjebbe, jeraldgordon, Ryan B and 2 others like this.
  8. Lothar101

Lothar101 Active Member

9. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Bacon seed!

Slipperyjoe and richgem like this.
  10. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Looks like certain manufacturers have taken to live-shaving their badgers, so as to be more animal friendly. This is all part of the "Save the Badgers" campaign, and in response to PETA picketing Art of Shaving stores...

image.jpg

Erik Redd likes this.
  11. richgem

ftfy :D

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. richgem

Looks like the horses are getting in on the act too.

[​IMG]

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Enough Monkeying around...

[​IMG]