canadian gillette razors.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Nice Jorge! I really dig those thin bar handles! You might find it odd, but I have never had one. I tried a couple of times to score one, but never could. It's good to see you gave one a good home. Have a good night.

2. Morman Bridge

jsw41, brit and Slipperyjoe like this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Look at the base plate, where the handle hits the base. Usually the recession, at the edge of the circle is the LAST place to lose plating. Also, just inside the handle, between the top and the start of the thread.

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I love that movie.

5. Bookworm

It was a movie? I thought it was a documentary from Northern Ontario.

jsw41, brit and Straight razor dandy like this.
  6. Straight razor dandy

There are some that would say it is both

brit likes this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

Ooooooo, I like it!! I def need one of those!

8. Morman Bridge

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

we should start an "Eh" thread just like the "Yo" thread thats still going...:p

10. Bookworm

Yeah, when they were trying to come up with the name for the country, Sir John A. Macdonald and the rest gathered around and argued. Eventually, they decided that they'd put letters in a hat, and whatever they pulled out, that'd be the name of the country.

So, John put in his hand, and started pulling letters.

"C, eh"
    "N, eh"
    "D, eh"

brit, Gary Drainville and PanChango like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

12. Morman Bridge

Dig It!!!

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

post started....just found the tech from your info,and bought one.still one left,seller had 2.thank you.

14. Morman Bridge

Congratulations on the purchase! Your going to love it. Mine is one of my best shaving Techs.

brit likes this.
  15. Bookworm

I've looked at it twice now. I want it, but I can't justify that price for one razor. No matter how much I might want to invent new justifications.

16. brit

brit in a box

i agree, it was pricey,more than i would normally spend.my wife and i have relatives in the canadian army and airforce,during the fifties and presently.a british ww2 set would be nice as well.i still have my grandfathers darts set from ww2.

17. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

That is actually a reasonable question from someone new to vintage razors. Some guys ONLY shave with old razors. I have tried out the few vintage razors that I have, and will occasionally use one because it is cool to use a tool that has been through so much over a very long life, but I prefer to shave with modern tools. I like having some vintage razors around because they are history and they do still work.

brit likes this.
  18. Morman Bridge

It looks like he sold the last one.

19. Bookworm

My second grandfather (in many ways. Spent as much time at his house as my grandmothers) was a Canadian navy frogman in WW-II. Woudl have been nice. At least now I don't have to try to invent a justification :)

brit likes this.