Can't seem to find a happy medium

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sputnik27, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Adriano Arrigo

Adriano Arrigo Well-Known Member

I've started with a Muhle R89, but I wasn't satisfied. Then I bought on eBay a Gillette Old Type Ball End (Open Comb) and I felt I've found the best way to shave, loaded with a Personna or a Feather blade ...until I've bought a Gillette Flare Tip: the best razor I have for the moment. Way better than Muhle and milder than the Gillette Old Type. I've tried a GEM, a Parker, a Gillette Tech, but the Flare Tip is the winner. (Using always a Personna Platinum). IMHO, the shaving experience is too personal and what is good for me could be worst for you

Sputnik27 likes this.
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I would try a Viking's Sword blade; I've been testing multiple blades - Astra's, Derby's, Gillette's, Rapira's, and others - and so far, the Viking's are far and away the best blade I've found to work in my Merkur 23C. I'm about ready to try them in my Merkur Progressive, but I've been enjoying the shave so much with the Viking's in my 23C that I've used it exclusively for the past few weeks. YMMV, but I'd test the Viking's to see how they preform for you - I'll send you some if you haven't tried them yet and would like to.

As has been suggested, I would test multiple blades in one of those razors until you find a combination that works well. Use that combo for a month or so to get the technique down; only then move on to another razor and use the same process to find the blade that works best in that razor - wash, rinse, repeat. :)

...or wander?

3. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Well, I meant wonder, like wonder what the mice are doing while the cats away but wander works too.

4. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Fatboy, gotta get a fatboy :)